Adding To The Flock

mana

52923177_10155872278937307_6705176189440

I know I am late...

but here it is

I’ve seen unflattering photos of Stone Garden, but yours is beautiful.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DilettanteG

• N1003U

• carola

• mana

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

+1. Beautiful indeed.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Thank you so much ... I am really humbled

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

I know I am late...

but here it is

Never too late to acquire a fine instrument. Enjoy the reams of happiness. thumbup.gif

Is it an 'F' or 'M'?

Hopefully, the Indian customs didn't cause too much trouble. Did you have to collect it from the main GPO?

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Never too late to acquire a fine instrument. Enjoy the reams of happiness. thumbup.gif

Is it an 'F' or 'M'?

Hopefully, the Indian customs didn't cause too much trouble. Did you have to collect it from the main GPO?

Well this Broad

I did pay customs on this ... there was no trouble though

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Well this Broad

thumbup.gif

Glad it went without a hitch.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

• 2 weeks later...

I promised myself I'd hold off buying any more pens after finally scoring my two grail pens this year. Sadly, I have the backbone of a chocolate eclair

I found a D400 and M400 white honey tortoise set I've been drooling over at a really good price on Amazon UK. I'm torn between being excited to finally get a new EDC set and hoping the price was a mistake and the order gets cancelled. Sometimes. collecting seems like a gentle sort of madness.

Update: The pencil has shipped, fingers crossed the price wasnt too good to be true.

After reading some of the experiences here trying to buy this pen from Amazon Global UK, Ive submitted a request to cancel the M400 that hasnt shipped. If it works, Ill try Cult Pens instead.

Amazon cancellation went thru, so I ordered from Cult Pens who were cheaper, included free shipping, a free Pelikan single pen leather case, and I bought a couple bottles of their house iridescent inks. Hopefully, my credit card company doesn't slap me with a currency conversion fee!

Finally I got my grey M805. I always wanted to have this but in the end I bought others like the M600.

post-114545-0-41267300-1562090129_thumb.jpg

Now there are only two Pelikans left that I'd like to have in my collection. :)

"On the internet nobody knows you're a cat." =^.^=

Congratulations, Nyanzilla!

The M800 size pens are too big for me. But I knew that if they ever came out with that color in the M400 size I was going to have to get one somehow (I was envisioning a life of crime ;)). And then I got lucky and had sort of a windfall a few years ago before they all got snapped up.... :D

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

My D400 White Tortoise arrived safe and sound, despite some very lazy packaging. Can't wait for the matching fountain pen to arrive so I can load it up with some R&K Alt Gold Grun.

This really is much prettier in person. The gold flecks in the tortoise section really shine and sparkle. I'm surprised how much this design has grown on me. I didn't much care for it when it first came out and now I really like it.

post-2426-0-94523600-1562203599_thumb.jpg

Being away from home for the summer I have an accumulating flock of new birds just piling up on my bed. Most recently the M120 Iconic Blue with an EF nib landed, soon to be joined by an M805 Demonstrator with a BB CI nib. Now I went and ordered a bird older than me, an M481 with the original box and ink set and I believe a medium nib.

And then the hunt is on, I am vying to own an M910 Toledo, though if that falls through I will be happy with getting an M900 version instead.

Edited by Gobblecup

Gobblecup ~

Being away from home for the summer I have an accumulating flock of new birds just piling up on my bed. Most recently the M120 Iconic Blue with an EF nib landed, soon to be joined by an M805 Demonstrator with a BB CI nib. Now I went and ordered a bird older than me, an M481 with the original box and ink set and I believe a medium nib.

And then the hunt is on, I am vying to own an M910 Toledo, though if that falls through I will be happy with getting an M900 version instead.

These all sounds like great choices. and a BB cursive italic sounds heavenly. Who ground it for you?

Which color M910 are you looking for the black, the red, or the yellow? Maybe get all three just to be sure all your bases are covered? :D

These all sounds like great choices. and a BB cursive italic sounds heavenly. Who ground it for you?

Which color M910 are you looking for the black, the red, or the yellow? Maybe get all three just to be sure all your bases are covered? :D

The BB CI is coming from nibs.com so it will be one of the Mottishaw apprentices I believe.

As for color, I’m trying to start with a black M910, mostly because it will be the easiest to get, but in the long run I want them all!

Gobblecup ~

Congrats on the Toledo and the M805. Nibs.com is my favorite place to get custom work done.

Thank you! I have an incurable pelikan bug tho.

Gobblecup ~

Wonderful find Daeng! Thanks for showing us.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso