Penbbs Pocket Pen Coming Soon!

truthpil

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd pass on the news that sometime in the next few days Penbbs will release their first pocket pen.

Here are some key facts about the pen:

- It's slightly shorter than the Moonman Wancai, but similar width.

- It's eyedropper filler only.

- It takes standard #6 nibs!

- It has a special ring which will allow you to screw a second pocket pen onto the back of the first, thereby creating a two-nibbed pen, or just to make the pen longer.

Photos here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsUbnZ5DXfj/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• truthpil

• Honeybadgers

• Driften

• WolvertonMountain

weird.

I'm still gonna buy it.

Yeah, it reminds me of primary school when I'd link all the Crayola markers together into a long stick and play swords with it haha.

If the price is right, I'll definitely get two and replace the need for a two-headed 469. This is much more versatile.

the 469 is useful in school but not much else. I keep a rollerball end filled with red and the other with blue;

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Hi Everyone,

Here are some key facts about the pen:

- It's slightly shorter than the Moonman Wancai, but similar width.

- It's eyedropper filler only.

- It takes standard #6 nibs!

- It has a special ring which will allow you to screw a second pocket pen onto the back of the first, thereby creating a two-nibbed pen, or just to make the pen longer.

Wow! Thank you, TruthPil, for this heads-up for the Penbbs pocket fountain pen. I read your post just before I was about to order a few more Wancai Mini fountain pens. I just hope this Penbbs pocket pen will be as good, and as easy to use, as the Wancai Mini whose attributes I find to be perfect:

- Holds a large amount of ink.

- Writes very well, as good as, if not better, than more expensive pens I own.

- Has yet to show any scratches from being carried in my pocket with my keys.

- Other nibs available on eBay from Bobby at office-supplies-pen.

- Most importantly to me, the Wancai Mini REFUSES TO DRY OUT.

As I have several of the Wancai mini's inked, I have left one unused for over 3 weeks and it started right up when I next used it.

I find it important, when filling the Mini, to cap the pen and place it nib down overnight to allow the ink to saturate the feed. Once the nib is saturated, the Mini just writes, and writes, and writes whenever I use it.

Clifton

Interesting... I think I would only buy if I bought two to connect together. It might also depend on how much I like the medium nib on the 355 since in the picture it looks like it will also be offered in M. When I have to add the cost of a Jowo B to the price of these pens they get a lot more expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

This looks like a lovely pen to throw in my bag as a spare. Maybe fill it 3/4 of the way, and slip it in my backpack.

Edited by surprise123

I have two of them and have almost used up the first fill on one. They are really fun and practical! The metal ring is an interesting feature because you can move it to a different place on the pen to change the balance.

Two of them stacked together makes for a hilariously oversized pen. I want to see someone stack together ten and post a picture of using it.

All in all, unless you REALLY want the #6 nib options, the wancai mini is a better pocket pen. The capping system made to fit such a large nib makes it feel kinda jank.

Edited by Honeybadgers

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Two of them stacked together makes for a hilariously oversized pen. I want to see someone stack together ten and post a picture of using it.

All in all, unless you REALLY want the #6 nib options, the wancai mini is a better pocket pen. The capping system made to fit such a large nib makes it feel kinda jank.

My first two thoughts when seeing these linked up together is that you could make a very colorful light saber or walking cane if you had ten or so haha.

My main complaint with this pen is how easy it is to cross thread when posting. Sometimes it takes me four or five attempts to screw the cap onto the back of the section for posting, especially in situations where I can't stare at the pen to make sure everything lines up properly. Super frustrating!

I must say, though, I'm willing to put up with it so I can use a juicy wet #6 broad nib in a pen the size of a lipstick or pack of gum.