The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Penbbs 355 First Impressions

penbbs chinese fountain pens piston filler

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 lawrenceloklok

lawrenceloklok

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 May 2019 - 19:34

This is the problem I encountered

Sponsored Content

#42 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,696 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 May 2019 - 20:45

After reading this review I got my penbbs 355. But I found that there is a problem with this pen, after filling the pen a few times,some ink has leaked into the piston, that means the ink passed through the O- ring at the end the barrel. Does anyone encounter this problem?

Not me, but there's a reason it's a double seal. 

Disassembly is pretty easy. a crescent wrench will easily remove the piston for cleaning.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

#43 lawrenceloklok

lawrenceloklok

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 May 2019 - 01:26

Yes it is easy to disassembly my first penbbs 355, but my second 355 Aurora, I can't disassemble it even with my wrench, it seems the plunger is sealed by glue.

Edited by lawrenceloklok, 12 May 2019 - 01:32.

#44 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,696 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 May 2019 - 05:26

It isn't. Some are just tighter than others. maybe a little gentle heat with a blowdryer to the barrel might help.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

#45 penzel_washinkton

penzel_washinkton

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 May 2019 - 13:09

Just want to inform you guys that PenBBS has just updated their listing at Etsy of 355 including the Purple Cloud and Amber.

Got a feeling that it will run out fast.

Edited by penzel_washinkton, 12 May 2019 - 13:09.

#46 bluebellrose

bluebellrose

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 July 2019 - 20:13

Muddy, good question. This thread (below) contains some possible answers: more heavily finned feeds, possibly an extra layer of air insulation, 2 ml as a smaller volume of ink to deal with than 3 or 4 ml.

As for the design copy discussion, Ill quote something from a previous review The cigar-shaped design is based on the ogiva, or ogee, or pointed arch, found in architecture. When this torpedo shape is applied to pens, the fountain pen universe thinks first of Montblanc or OMAS or Sheaffer or Sailor. But the designers for these companies all based this shape on something, and that something was the pointed arch. The German pen companies, the Swiss, the French, the Americans, the Japanese, the Chinese theyre not ripping off each other. Theyre ripping off Italian architects of Gothic cathedrals, who ripped off architects from ancient Persia, Greece, and China.

http://www.fountainp...piston-fillers/

so the Chinese are just ripping themselves off. Copying from the past as is normal

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: penbbs, chinese fountain pens, piston filler

Sponsored Content

|