The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Show Your Feed!

feed clear feed cleaning sheen photography residue clogging nib width marking demonstrator feed ebonite

2 replies to this topic

#1 JulieParadise

JulieParadise

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2019 - 10:55

When cleaning and refilling one of my Wing Sung 3008 pens to give it to my son who wanted to use it in school I encountered a stubborn clear feed that would not want to give away all of its orange glory (Akkerman #16 Oranje Boven) after cleaning and even after refilling the pen with Lamy (Royal) Blue. So I was able to take the following pictures.

fpn_1546685369__2019_01_05_113301_633.jp

fpn_1546685382__2019_01_05_113301_634.jp

Edit: (Was interrupted before I could add what I was going for, tsss ...)

What do your feeds look like? Do you have unusual or unusually beautiful feeds? I am sure you have! 

Edited by JulieParadise, 05 January 2019 - 11:00.

Sina a.k.a. Julie Paradise | www.instagram.com/wwwjulieparadisede

Sponsored Content

#2 SenZen

SenZen

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 18:04

That's a spectacular pattern! The feeds I like are Pelikan, the one that can look nice depending on the ink is in my Platinum Cool. Unfortunately it doesn't look like much with its current ink, Aonibi (blue grey).

fpn_1546711451__pelikan_fins.jpg

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

#3 JulieParadise

JulieParadise

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2019 - 18:28

Thank you, pseudo88!

Yep, those Pelikan feeds are great although from a certain angle it looks like they are too big, esp. in the upper end and when you look straight at the nib. The feed then appears behind the nib. weird. But the do work like magic, free flowing inky magic.  :P

Sina a.k.a. Julie Paradise | www.instagram.com/wwwjulieparadisede

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: feed, clear feed, cleaning, sheen, photography, residue, clogging, nib width marking, demonstrator feed, ebonite

Sponsored Content

|