The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Eugene Oregon

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Gutshot

Gutshot

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2019 - 00:48

Still no groups or get togethers in Eugene to speak of?  Long time lurker around here starting to realize it would be fun to actually be social with other pen type people.

Sponsored Content

#2 Gutshot

Gutshot

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 January 2019 - 23:05

Well I guess the lack of an answer is my answer.... bummer.  If anyone else in Eugene wants to get together and compare pens, ping me.

#3 djmaher

djmaher

One who wanders

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 January 2019 - 00:54

Gut,

Just saw your post.

I've been to one pen show here in Portland, but that's it.  The year I went(several years ago) was the last one that that particular organization sponsored it.

To my knowledge, they were the only organization doing anything as to pen shows in the state.

There may very well be some in Washington, but, I have no idea how to find out about about pen shows close by.  I'm just not that connected, and probably looking in the wrong places for info.

I do not know if there is a national clearing house, of sorts, that has a calendar of pen events nationwide.  I know there are several in CA, but I have no idea about the PNW.

Maybe someone here knows of a national organization that has a calendar that's online somewhere, and very generally keeps info on shows.

.....the Heart has it's reasons, which Reason knows nothing of.....

#4 benbot517

benbot517

A Dapper Chap

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:12

Portland still has shows, theres a one every summer

"Oh deer."

#5 djmaher

djmaher

One who wanders

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:10

Really? Dang it. The show have a sponsor or a website? I wonder if it's the same group as before. I understood the previous group stopped because of costs involved with running the show. Or, maybe I got bad info :)

#6 h-dia

h-dia

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2019 - 18:54

Also been looking for people that shares my love to fountain pens at Eugene. Seems like there isn't one.

Edited by h-dia, 13 January 2019 - 18:55.

#7 cattar

cattar

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 19:38

pdxpen is the Portland pen group.
Meeting announcements are sent through an email group. Join!

Lots of friendly people. Lots of pens (vintage and moder)n, and inks and papers. Trying, buying and selling, too.

Meetings every couple months. Often a Sunday afternoon in downtown Portland at Lucky Lab brewpub with 20-40 pen people. Or a Saturday noonish in Tualatin with about 12 pen people.

Our pro pen restorers host the July pen show - Northwest Pen Roundup, also at the downtown Portland Lucky Lab brewpub. This year will be the 7th annual. Event is the same weekend as as the area’s largest antique show.

Our primary ink enabler hosts the annual September Pelikan Hub. It's one of the largest hubs worldwide.

To join-
Go to yahoo groups, search for 'pdxpen,' and click 'join' to send a note.
Michael (moderator and pro pen restorer) usually adds people within a few days.

Say hello when you're active. There's a meeting Saturday.

#8 djmaher

djmaher

One who wanders

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2019 - 21:15

Joined.

Accepted.

Enabled further.

#9 francisb

francisb

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 16:56

Interesting! Didn't realize PDX has a club - request sent.

#10 fireant

fireant

The Good Twin

• Member - Gold

• 1,383 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 March 2019 - 10:14

Really? Dang it. The show have a sponsor or a website? I wonder if it's the same group as before. I understood the previous group stopped because of costs involved with running the show. Or, maybe I got bad info :)

Hi. We had a pen club meet up today but I just saw this post-sorry. There is a FB group PDXpen but most of the discussion is in the Yahoo Group. I'll send you the link to that group.

#11 Michael McNeil

Michael McNeil

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 806 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 March 2019 - 11:14

As fireant said pdxpen club has a FB group and we also have a FB group called "The Northwest Pen Round-Up!" for our annual small pen show.

The 7th Annual Northwest Pen Round-Up! will be held on Saturday July 13th, 2019 at the Lucky Labrador Brewing Co., 1945 N.W. Quimby St., Portland, Oregon, from 12:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m.

If you are interested in attending the Pen Round-Up, just show up, there is no admission fee. If you want to set up and sell pens, it is $20.00 per table space. Tables fill up fast, so if you are interested in selling I would suggest that you sign up sooner than later.

Our next pen meeting will probably be in late April or sometime in May.

I can be contacted at: michael@northwestpenworks.com

Edited by Michael McNeil, 04 March 2019 - 11:15.

#12 gpsgrandpa

gpsgrandpa

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 March 2020 - 16:28

Still no groups or get togethers in Eugene to speak of?  Long time lurker around here starting to realize it would be fun to actually be social with other pen type people.

Well I guess the lack of an answer is my answer.... bummer.  If anyone else in Eugene wants to get together and compare pens, ping me.

I did a search for Oregon and yours was in one of the top spots. So far I’ve had a sit-down meet-up with one other person in Eugene. Talking pens, inks, papers and life in person (with coffee) was great! I’d be up for a sit-down over coffee.

It does seem that with probably a combined population of a quarter of a million folks at the south end of the valley there are not more interested in fountain pens. I don’t participate in Facebook so maybe that’s where the action is. So far I’ve barely scratched the surface of Instagram so maybe that’s where folks hang out.

I think when we actually had a pen shop in town there might have been more of a focal point but I wasn’t into FPs and writing then.

Sponsored Content

|