The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Scribo Feel

scribo italian review feel

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 como

como

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 February 2019 - 21:20

So glad you like it :-)

I'm also cautious about flexing it too far, but find it gives a really nice flair to my everyday handwriting!

Take care,

Ralf

Dear Ralf,

For daily writing, I still prefer a stub, aka lazy men/women's flex. But I do find the Flex an endless source of meditation, especially in pointless meetings. By the way, I noticed that the color of that doggie's hat on your profile is almost identical to the SCRIBO grey/blue Feel.  ;) Perhaps it was meant to be!

Best,

Como

Sponsored Content

#42 TheDutchGuy

TheDutchGuy

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,413 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 August 2019 - 06:21

I tried a discounted Feel with 18k F nib the other day, and it was a spectacularly pleasant nib. I don’t think I’ve ever written with a nib that good. I’m deeply impressed with it. Sadly, the pen is too big for me.

#43 como

como

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,010 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 August 2019 - 15:55

I agree that it’s a big pen, in the same size category as MB149, a tiny bit longer and not as girthy. The stepped-down section is actually slightly thinner than the old style Omas Paragon, and the pen is very well balanced. Surprisingly a very comfortable pen to hold. My EF 14k Flex was tuned by Oxonian and a real joy to use.

I tried a discounted Feel with 18k F nib the other day, and it was a spectacularly pleasant nib. I don’t think I’ve ever written with a nib that good. I’m deeply impressed with it. Sadly, the pen is too big for me.

#44 LisaToTravel

LisaToTravel

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:12

Thank you for an amazing review! The exterior design does not appeal to me but they are good pens in deed.

#45 TexasCollector

TexasCollector

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 August 2020 - 17:56

Far from providing a comprehensive review of the Scribo Feel, Ill share a few responses that might be useful. I didnt look much into what Scribo had to offer but was curious bought one in blue-black. My initial impression was that it was just another nondescript, resin pen and overpriced at that.
Ive totally changed my mind as I took note of various desirable features that gave rise to my now seeing the Scribo as a much valued addition to my collection well worth the price. Among these features are the twelve-sided/faceted barrel and cap, the way it tapers from the top to the bottom of the cap and from the base to the top of the barrel, a sturdy piston fill system, one of the best flex nibs in its price range, and, for a large pen, its unassuming presence and overall simplicity of style.

#46 pensmarht

pensmarht

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 September 2020 - 22:24

I was interested in MB 149 Calligraphy and a review of that pen first brought the Feel to attention. It's nice to have your thorough review. With the advent of the 149 Calligraphy and now the Feel, it appears that flexible nibs have finally appeared on modern pen makers' radar (beyond the Japanese softs & FAs, which I think a few here might not consider to be flex at all). 

#47 Calabria

Calabria

Pelikano

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 September 2020 - 00:36

The Scribo seems definitely interesting!

I have a question: what is the resin like? Is it softer and a bit elastic like OMAS cotton resin or is it hard like a Montblanc?

The design does look like a caffettiera designed by Alessi - but maybe thats a good thing? Being somewhat more up to date?

Are there any factory visit videos out there? Do they make all parts in house?
"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."
– Lin Yu-T'ang

#48 gmax

gmax

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 September 2020 - 16:31

I find that the Scribo pens have the same "hand feel" and tactile quality as the old Omas pens.

I don't know whether all parts are made in-house, but I can say that the standard of fit and finish is excellent  :)

fpn_1599496117__scribo-feel-mediterraneo

#49 sansenri

sansenri

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,964 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 September 2020 - 17:53

I agree that it’s a big pen, in the same size category as MB149, a tiny bit longer and not as girthy. The stepped-down section is actually slightly thinner than the old style Omas Paragon, and the pen is very well balanced. Surprisingly a very comfortable pen to hold. My EF 14k Flex was tuned by Oxonian and a real joy to use.

I was re-reading this thread and your statement that despite the step down the pen is comfortable to hold, stirs interest.

I'm still sort of put off by the look of it, so nice when closed but sort of ugly once uncapped...

The fact Scribo is using the Omas machines to do their nibs, sounds very  interesting too, and a reason to try one out, but I'm still not totally convinced by the design and sort of hoping they'd come out with a more classic straight design (but not convinced that will happen any time soon).

#50 sansenri

sansenri

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,964 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 September 2020 - 17:55

The Scribo seems definitely interesting!

I have a question: what is the resin like? Is it softer and a bit elastic like OMAS cotton resin or is it hard like a Montblanc?

The design does look like a caffettiera designed by Alessi - but maybe thats a good thing? Being somewhat more up to date?

Are there any factory visit videos out there? Do they make all parts in house?

ahah, I think you're spot on with the statement on the caffettiera!

#51 ralfstc

ralfstc

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 901 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 September 2020 - 15:47

That's so odd. We bought a home expresso maker (because we are fancy. No not really. We can't afford Starbucks all the time) and every time I use it I think of my Scribo!

#52 como

como

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,010 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 September 2020 - 16:36

sansenri: You would really have to try it in person to see if this pen works for you. The build quality and the nib for me justify the price, but it's not a pen that I would just buy online and see if I like it or not. The comfort of the grip section is really dependent on how you normally hold the pen. It feels solid in hand but not heavy.

I was re-reading this thread and your statement that despite the step down the pen is comfortable to hold, stirs interest.

I'm still sort of put off by the look of it, so nice when closed but sort of ugly once uncapped...

The fact Scribo is using the Omas machines to do their nibs, sounds very  interesting too, and a reason to try one out, but I'm still not totally convinced by the design and sort of hoping they'd come out with a more classic straight design (but not convinced that will happen any time soon).

#53 Paul-in-SF

Paul-in-SF

Slightly Dusty

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 September 2020 - 18:25

sansenri: You would really have to try it in person to see if this pen works for you. The build quality and the nib for me justify the price, but it's not a pen that I would just buy online and see if I like it or not. The comfort of the grip section is really dependent on how you normally hold the pen. It feels solid in hand but not heavy.

From looking at it, I think you're probably right. I wonder if they are likely to appear at US pen shows (once we start having them again)? Or would I have to wait for someone in the local pen club to buy one and bring it to a meeting (once we start having them again)?

#54 Calabria

Calabria

Pelikano

• Member - Gold

• 1,649 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 September 2020 - 01:10

In a way, the idiosyncratic design (and blue-grey color) make this pen more rather than less attractive to me.
"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."
– Lin Yu-T'ang

#55 langere

langere

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,702 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 September 2020 - 02:07

If Scribo had some interesting celluloid or something like that, I might be interested. Gray or Blue at such a price?  Blah...

Hope they do get better colors!

Erick

Staedtler Corium Urbes Buenos Aires "F" nib running Sailor Jentle Ink Black

Benu Supreme "F" nib running J. Herbin 1670 Hematite Red

Lorelei 667 "F" nib running Pelikan Brilliant Brown

#56 dapprman

dapprman

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 917 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 September 2020 - 17:06

If it's just the original two colours that put you off then keep your eye open for their next release - they regularly produce limited editions in different colours, two at a time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: scribo, italian, review, feel

Sponsored Content

|