What Pen Are You Waiting For 2019

Says

Waiting for a Graf von Faber Castell Intuition Terracotta with a medium nib. Always loved Faber Castell pens and decided to step up to the fancier series when I saw a good deal for a used one.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• truthpil

• mallymal1

• A Smug Dill

• Honeybadgers

Hmmm. The Aurora 88 Black Mamba I ordered isn't going to happen after all.

However, one Lamy 2000 Makrolon and two Lamy Studio pens are on their way to me, as is an Aurora Optima Oliva with a Fine nib that I asked Dan Smith to customise to an Italic for me. There should be more pens than just a Pelikan M200 Gold Marbled in the package La Couronne du Comte sent just now, but that whole thing is just such a royal mess, I don't know any more what's exactly in that shipment.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

An m800 brown tortoise that I acquired for a reasonable price.

The current setup

1. Conid Regular AntwerpPen/Naginata Cross Concord- Sailor Nioi-Sumire (two years and counting!)

2. 1920-something Wahl-Eversharp BCHR Oversize Gold Seal/Manifold- Aurora Black

3. Pelikan M800 Tortoise/O3B- Kobe Ginza gold sepia

1936 Vacumatic Oversize Brown Pearl- Rest in (several) pieces. You will be missed!

I ordered a FPR Himalaya V1 with the ultra flex fine nib.

Update, I received the Himalaya yesterday and after playing with it (uh testing B) ) I'm very happy with it :D.

What evil lurks in the hearts of men?

The Shadow knows!

A restored Persian Blue Tuckaway TD Sentinel, should be here by next Tuesday.

ETA - seller had listed the pen twice, alone and as a pen/pencil set, and someone bought the set so I'm sol. Oh, and *I* have to open a dispute to get the payment refunded.

Edited by chromantic

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

After losing out on the TD Tuckaway, I managed to secure a 1948 Tuckaway Valiant instead which I'm even more excited about as it's my first Vac-fill.

First estimated delivery was Fri, then Thurs, then Wed but just saw they tried to deliver it today only I'd gone to bed around 11:00 and was fast asleep. Ain't that a kick in the head.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Its been 6 years but still waiting for my Edison Extended Mina with custom maki-e design by Ernest Shin.

And thus, another Xmas is poised to pass without the pen...

Sheen junkie, flex nib enthusiast, and all-around lover of fountain pens...

Its been 6 years but still waiting for my Edison Extended Mina with custom maki-e design by Ernest Shin.

And thus, another Xmas is poised to pass without the pen...

6 years? That is crazy amount of patience

I just ordered a True Writer Wintergreen fountain pen at 51% off from Levenger. I have noticed that pen, but waited and waited. Score! Nib choices were F and M. I have B and F nibs in other True Writers, so I chose M for the Wintergreen.

It will be nice to see this pen in person. It looks cool online and in the catalog.

Posted Image

A new red m800!

The current setup

1. Conid Regular AntwerpPen/Naginata Cross Concord- Sailor Nioi-Sumire (two years and counting!)

2. 1920-something Wahl-Eversharp BCHR Oversize Gold Seal/Manifold- Aurora Black

3. Pelikan M800 Tortoise/O3B- Kobe Ginza gold sepia

1936 Vacumatic Oversize Brown Pearl- Rest in (several) pieces. You will be missed!

got the second waterman carene. it was advertised as having minor cosmetic issues by amazon warehouse.

It's completely flawless and the medium nib is stunning (it's very stubbish, so I can confirm that the M carene's are likely all stubs since this is the third one I've tried and they're all that way)

This is probably the first time that I've preferred the M nib of a pen to a finer one. This one is like hot buttered glass but still feels very precise. I swapped the deluxe carene cap over to it.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Waiting on a Sailor Nagasawa Proske Demonstrator with gold trim and a zoom nib. Thinking I might get it ground into an architect.... we shall see.

145898.jpg?auto=format&ba=middle%2Ccente

145930.jpg?auto=format&ba=middle%2Ccente

I'm a big fan of the look of these nib engravings as opposed to the normal Sailor ones.

I have a green Parker 45 (F) as my last purchase of 2019. It's my second P45. According to tracking, I should expect it tomorrow.

To go with it, I ordered a box of Quink Washable Blue cartridges, supposedly from the 80's. (and four blue parker BP refills for my vintage Jotter, also reported as from the 80's) Those should be here Friday.

post-156173-0-27597700-1577905291_thumb.jpg

Whoops wrong thread.

BTW, we need a 2020 version of this thread.

Edited by melissa59

"You have to be willing to be very, very bad in this business if you're ever to be good. Only if you stand ready to make mistakes today can you hope to move ahead tomorrow."

Dwight V. Swain, author of Techniques of the Selling Writer.

Waiting on a Sailor Nagasawa Proske Demonstrator with gold trim and a zoom nib. Thinking I might get it ground into an architect.... we shall see.

145898.jpg?auto=format&ba=middle%2Ccente

145930.jpg?auto=format&ba=middle%2Ccente

I'm a big fan of the look of these nib engravings as opposed to the normal Sailor ones.

~ WLSpec:

That's quite a striking nib engraving!

I've never seen it before.

Thank you for posting it.

Tom K.