What Pen Are You Waiting For 2019

Says

The Cafe Creme that I ordered from Taiwan Tuesday evening arrived today - 2 days! It's beautiful!

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• truthpil

• mallymal1

• A Smug Dill

• Honeybadgers

Three pens in a month... The m100 took ten months, I thought it was lost for good; a couple of weeks after its arrival the fine Carène in black with silver trim finally came down to an acceptable price; then I stumbled on another one in medium with a gunmetal cap; not one to brag, but let's say every time I think about it's price, it makes me want to get up and dance... And I hate dancing.

19101805123324960416468697.jpg

Carènes are my accidental grail pen, just a fantastic design and with a little patience and care can be reliable writers. I find the tiny, no frills m100 really elegant in black, its EF nib makes Vert Empire look very nice.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

I'm waiting for 10 Jinhao X450's to show up (I give them away, as they look properly businesslike), and a Wing Sung 601A in blue.

Waiting on a sort of impulse buy Wing Sung 659 demonstrator. Actually a Pilot 78g was kinda sorta on my radar for a while, but I think I heard they stopped making them so I'd have to actually work to find a used one... and then I saw the 659 and thought "why not?"

What's NOT in the mail is that purple TWSBI Eco because it hasn't landed at my preferred shop of choice yet. *taps foot impatiently*

sig2.jpgsig1.jpg

Events may be horrible or inescapable. Men always have a choice - if not whether, then how they endure.

- Lois McMaster Bujold

Waiting on a sort of impulse buy Wing Sung 659 demonstrator. Actually a Pilot 78g was kinda sorta on my radar for a while, but I think I heard they stopped making them so I'd have to actually work to find a used one... and then I saw the 659 and thought "why not?"

I nearly pulled the trigger on exactly those two: a Wing Sung 659 demonstrator and a Pilot 78G+ clear. (78G+ is the replacement for 78G, made for the Chinese market, relatively new and still made, higher priced than the 78G for no apparent reason.) What I'm looking for is an eyedropper-able clear demonstrator that can take a #5 nib (or low end Pilot nibs might be okay). Bonus points for a tapering barrel, so that it's easier to see the ink color. Compared to the 78G+, the 659 is twice as cheap, but what bothers me is that the barrel cavity is cantered, which will probably look funky and/or bent when used as an eyedropper. Please let us know what you think of it when it comes!

After receiving the Lamy Bauhaus, I ordered an Aurora Archivi Storici (Internazionale) from Italy. Im going for the brushed steel / black plastic body, and apparently its going to have a bit flex nib installed. I passed on the model when it came out in 2010, but now Im looking forward to the simplicity of its design.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

I nearly pulled the trigger on exactly those two: a Wing Sung 659 demonstrator and a Pilot 78G+ clear. (78G+ is the replacement for 78G, made for the Chinese market, relatively new and still made, higher priced than the 78G for no apparent reason.) What I'm looking for is an eyedropper-able clear demonstrator that can take a #5 nib (or low end Pilot nibs might be okay). Bonus points for a tapering barrel, so that it's easier to see the ink color. Compared to the 78G+, the 659 is twice as cheap, but what bothers me is that the barrel cavity is cantered, which will probably look funky and/or bent when used as an eyedropper. Please let us know what you think of it when it comes!

I saw that review that you're talking about with the photos of the cantered barrel cavity, but it's been a few years since that review and it seems like the new production line may have fixed it. Notice in my photo you can see a mold line on the body, but it seems straight enough to me!

I haven't used the pen yet, btw, I only rinsed it out with some soapy water so far. But it looks nice enough visually at least, and the plastic feels like quality, as usual for the "Lucky" branch of the Wing Sung brand. :-)

wingsung-699-body.jpg

sig2.jpgsig1.jpg

Events may be horrible or inescapable. Men always have a choice - if not whether, then how they endure.

- Lois McMaster Bujold

I am waiting for a Pelikan 400 with an EEF nib. I have never written with such a nib before so I am kind of excited. I hope it's ok...

I am waiting for a Pelikan 400 with an EEF nib. I have never written with such a nib before so I am kind of excited. I hope it's ok...

Sounds interesting! I'd love to see a writing sample when you get it. I bet it has some decent flex to it.

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

Pelikan M215 rings. I wanted an M205 in a solid color that wasn't my demo, but just couldn't justify buying one and not stepping up to an M400 since I already own an M205. And from there, why not an M600 or M800?

But I found an M215 rings for $88 shipped on amazon. F nib (will probably regrind to a needlepoint) and excited for another m200, which might be one of my very favorite shapes for an everyday pen.

Have the new noodlers triple tail (how has this not gotten its own thread yet? I'm going to make one as soon as I get it, the new music nib looks much nicer than the original)

Trying to get my MB 149 ground into a new nib shape (thinking needlepoint normal and architect reverse) by a nibmeister soon.

Still waiting on my ensso italia, should ship next month. Apart from that, I'm on slow boil, not

Edited by Honeybadgers

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Pelikan M215 rings. I wanted an M205 in a solid color that wasn't my demo, but just couldn't justify buying one and not stepping up to an M400 since I already own an M205. And from there, why not an M600 or M800?

But I found an M215 rings for $88 shipped on amazon. F nib (will probably regrind to a needlepoint) and excited for another m200, which might be one of my very favorite shapes for an everyday pen.

M215 Rhombus was my first ever "nice" pen and it's still a favorite in my collection. The little extra heft of the metal barrel really helps with control. $88 is a steal too!

M215 Rhombus was my first ever "nice" pen and it's still a favorite in my collection. The little extra heft of the metal barrel really helps with control. $88 is a steal too!

Oddly they screwed up and I just got a B nib one. Which I kinda wanted anyways, I don't like F's all that much and have the EF one already in my demo, so I can just swap 'em on the go.

And I agree. I was worried about the "heft" but it actually just feels GREAT. It's going to get a lot more use than my 205 demo, since that one is just too prone to scratching to ever be considered for throwing in a pocket.

Edited by Honeybadgers

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Right now I'm waiting for a last night's impulse buy Sheaffer Targa. I always liked the look of Sheaffer inlaid nibs, so we'll see what they're about when put to work.

Not exactly a pen but some PenBBS EF nib charms. Finally they answered my prayers!

Edited by penzel_washinkton

Pelikan M200 Gold Marbled

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Not exactly a pen but some PenBBS EF nib charms. Finally they answered my prayers!

Those nibs are delightful! Some of the smoothest 0.4mm nibs I've written with!

I have fallen off the wagon, again.

I am currently waiting for six Dollar pen piston fillers. They ended up costing about $6.32 each, including shipping. It won't put me in the poor house, although I must become more thrifty, but I really will need to figure out where to put them. I have quite a few fountain pens at this time. I have a lot of ink as well. I will most probably never be able to use up all of that ink in my lifetime, and I certainly won't use most of the fountain pens I have.

Well, that's what's in the mail now. I should probably get them all some time this week.

I gotta climb back up on that wagon now. Of course now that I'm not on it for a time, maybe it wouldn't hurt to look around a little bit :D .

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!

ink stained wretch filling inkwell