• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• truthpil

• mallymal1

• A Smug Dill

• Honeybadgers

A Pilot Elite 95s in deep red to replace my first that my beloved just commandeered from my collection, and a Pelikan 400 white tortoiseshell to satisfy my curiosity, even though I don't actually have high hopes for Pelikan's gold EF nibs laying suitably fine lines.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Kaweco Liliput brass wave with a broad nib. Also ordered a 1.9mm stub nib because why not?

Sample Request: I really really want to try Diamine Steel Blue. I will trade you samples!

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/5673/inkdz2.pnghttp://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.pnghttp://img181.imageshack.us/img181/3937/paperzu3.png

None, zip, nada, zilch. My collection is heading in the other direction.

"how do I know what I think until I write it down?"

None, zip, nada, zilch. My collection is heading in the other direction.

I'm trying to sell mine down too, but I decided to sell my M600 for a GVFC. So at least I'm not adding to a bloated collection. Are you keeping a select few?

1941 Sheaffer Lifetime Triumph - Fully Restored - Mint/Fine Condition. From Peyton Street Pens.

Have slowly passed on my lower end pens to others who can use them well.

Thus, keeping my total pen count to . . . . . . . . . . 12-15.

j

Edited by AlohaJim

I'm hoping to receive my vintage burgundy Mk 1 Parker 51 aerometric with a F 14k gold nib either tomorrow or Monday.

A decade or so ago I was gifted my late father in law's Parker 51 with a broad italic nib, which I love, but as I only use italic nibs occasionally, I'm hoping this new purchase will be a good, workhorse daily writer.

I'm not sure if I paid over the odds for it from Ebay (it's fully restored, with a new sac), but I'm not going to worry about that - I just hope it writes well and behaves itself!

I'm hoping to receive my vintage burgundy Mk 1 Parker 51 aerometric with a F 14k gold nib either tomorrow or Monday.

And here it is!

post-33960-0-30640700-1565427429_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ciliegia

Another Sheaffer Vac Fill Autograph with a very wide band cap and a large nib from Terri Morris

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Opus 88 Koloro beige/teal with Fine nib from La Couronne du Comte. Still need to source an Opus 88 Omar or Demonstrator to screw in a custom feed for Zebra G nibs.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

Still waiting (just passed 12 weeks) for Parker Australia to send my Duofold centennial back from a nib swap request (swap the Fine for a broad). Apparently they have to make the nib in France, must not have any broad nibs in the factory! think they are having to train someone to make the nibs and I am going to guess that this would take at least a couple of months to be able to produce high end nibs for the Duofold range.

The nib would then be dispatched by European Swallow back to Australia. Given the average airspeed of an unladen swallow (European) is just shy of 40 kilometres an hour and the Paris to Perth distance is 14,269Km then it should take a total of 31 days for the swallow to reach Perth (assuming the swallow only flies for 50% of the time) and a further 8 days to reach Parker in Melbourne.

So if I am lucky in the next few weeks they may have my pen ready to send back to me. I can't wait.

Benu Briolette Blue Frost Fine

If the one I receive looks anything at all like the one on the order form, I may add a few more (in other finishes) -- the acrylic looks rather impressive; like some sort of crystal with inclusions...

Edited by BaronWulfraed

I had an issue with my Pelikan M805 and the vendor elected to send it to Pelikan for warranty service (or repair). That was about two months ago. I was just informed they are just going to send me a replacement while they wait for Pelikan to resolve the issue with my pen and send it back to them. So I am, in effect, getting a brand new pen. It was mailed out a few days ago and shows to be "Out for Delivery" today. Pretty excited to get home and try it out! I am very pleased with this vendor at this point and as long as everything is well with it when I get home, I will post a thread about my experience so they can be acknowledged for their service.

Edited by sirgilbert357

Finally broke down and bought an Eversharp Skyline Demi from EBay. Looked good in pictures and have bought many pens from this seller. I have been wanting one for some time and the price was right. Should be here soon.

When the pupil is ready, the teacher will come.