Executiv (Austrian Pen)

Azuniga

Just to show a pen I never heard about before

An Executif,Reichdeutsche Fullhalterfabrik Niederlage: Wien, Austrian of course, it measures closed 120 mm (4 11/8 inches) and which nib imprint is: Executiv (an eagle with her wings spread) 14 KAR (F) PBF

Although small it is beautiful, solid and good writer, more information would be appreciated.

fpn_1545604101__ex1.jpg

fpn_1545604123__ex2.jpg

fpn_1545604145__ex3.jpg

fpn_1545604170__ex4.jpg

fpn_1545604194__ex5.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bo Bo Olson

• Azuniga

• Astronymus

• Kaweco

I've heard the term....Executif,Reichdeutsche Fullhalterfabrik Niederlage: Wien,....before.

I'm not sure if it but remember it something like....Reichdeutsche Fullhalterfabrik Niederlage: Wien, was an attempt to interest the German market for Austrian fountain pens....with the 'assumption' that it had to do with official conquering of Austria...., jumping on the Party bandwagon.

Is a very pretty pen. :thumbup:

That is not a small pen, it is standard sized. Same size as a 400....the 100n is 121mm.

Yours has a very modern finale. Somewhat similar to the '35 (Lamy's) Artus 36....button filler....except it only has a single cap ring.

From Lambrou's book.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Someone else made a similar post about a year ago requesting information about a pen with similar markings. Search for the thread?

Someone else made a similar post about a year ago requesting information about a pen with similar markings. Search for the thread?

It was me, I included it in the European Brands list in 2015... in the meantime the pen was in a box of forgotten pens, so I came back to see if I could find out more about it... and to use it too...

Hello Ariel

We had been discussing about Exekutiv Pens (write k, not c) at the German message bord <penexchange> some time ago but we could not identify the producer definitely. Exekutiv could be a whole seller of stationary equipment in Austria similar like Definitiv or Stylco in Germany.

According to the very wartime service instructiones paper-reprint at the penexchange thread

https://www.penexchange.de/forum_neu/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=17735&p=177024&hilit=Exekutiv#p177024

there was no producer named Exekutiv. In between the thread you will find a link to Westerrichs <penbord> website. The statement that Exekutiv had been a cheaper subbrand of MB is not surely a determination. Sometimes I feel something like a "montblancisation" within the market of historic fountain pens. But I can be wrong and Exekutiv is actually a subbrand.

Kind Regards

Thomas

Having no idea, can not see that as one of the over 20 MB subbrands in it looks too good. Looks first class.

I know nothing about MB subrands other than MB had some 20 of them over a period of time.

It is a button filler, but I don't know if MB subrands made them. Don't see why not.

In the '30's Osmia did. It was a way to get around Pelikan's piston patent.

I do remember reading both MB and Soennecken had to be dragged screaming into modern times from lever fillers by Pelikan.

It is a great looking pen.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Hello Ariel

We had been discussing about Exekutiv Pens (write k, not c) at the German message bord <penexchange> some time ago but we could not identify the producer definitely. Exekutiv could be a whole seller of stationary equipment in Austria similar like Definitiv or Stylco in Germany.

According to the very wartime service instructiones paper-reprint at the penexchange thread

https://www.penexchange.de/forum_neu/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=17735&p=177024&hilit=Exekutiv#p177024

there was no producer named Exekutiv. In between the thread you will find a link to Westerrichs <penbord> website. The statement that Exekutiv had been a cheaper subbrand of MB is not surely a determination. Sometimes I feel something like a "montblancisation" within the market of historic fountain pens. But I can be wrong and Exekutiv is actually a subbrand.

Kind Regards

Thomas

Thank you Thomas.

It is a luxury to have you here with all you knowledge concerning German pens.

Thank you for the correction K and not C, I did not pay attention enough...

In my 'not expert' point of view I do not think it is a MB subbrand (you are right about the montblancisation tendency).

When I show it to T. Westerich some time ago he did not mention MB at all.

It seems to me more like a whole seller stationary as you mention, and formally there are some similarities with Adler and some Osmias...

Best and happy holidays

Ariel

The statement that Exekutiv had been a cheaper subbrand of MB is not surely a determination. Sometimes I feel something like a "montblancisation" within the market of historic fountain pens. But I can be wrong and Exekutiv is actually a subbrand.

I do hope not with advertising like that, it reeks of unpleasant things of that era. Historically interesting but... no.

I do hope not with advertising like that, it reeks of unpleasant things of that era. Historically interesting but... no.

Unfortunately, that is part of history, and all brands that existed then played some part. Whether that was small or large is case-by-case. From Bayer to BMW, it is what it is 😔

Hello mana

How does the quoting corrospond with your "...interesting but .......no"?

Be sure that investigationes upon unknown historic fountainpens can only be made with a good part of knowledge about the politics, economics and social affairs surround.

<We surely cannot work with: "Having no idea, can not see....I know nothing about.... I don't know if.......Don't see why not".>

So please feel free to set your questins. I will try to make true answers.

Kind Regards

Thomas

Hitler had a 100 days plan that changed the government, so it worked for 12 years in his favor.

Trump has a second reality show.............both are History, as unfortunate as history can be.

Belief is............rationality ain't. Both worked the blind raging Hate that was so popular in their times.

Hitler had a 100 days plan that changed the government, so it worked for 12 years in his favor.

Trump has a second reality show.............both are History, as unfortunate as history can be.

Belief is............rationality ain't. Both worked the blind raging Hate that was so popular in their times.

100% agree, Bo Bo.

The leaflet in the penexchange-thread shows it was probably printed between 1925 and 1937 because the price is given in Austrian Schillings (ö.S.).

The Schilling was replaced by the Reichsmark days after the "Anschluss", 17th of March 1938. As this is a Christmas themed print we can assume it was used somewhere between the years 1925 and 1937.

The armoured vehicle on the leaflet is a Czechoslovakian Škoda PA-II. 5 cars were sold to the Vienna police in 1925 and later saw action in 1934 preventing a nazi coup.

The "Reich" in this advert doesn't have to refer to the German Third Reich. As the German name of Austria is Österreich the term "Reich" also referred to the tradition of the Austrian Kaiserreich. Forget the last part as it says "reichsdeutsch".

Edited by Astron

Good points Astron.

This pen is mint, the one in the link, defiantly not.

I don't know much Austrian history after WW1, outside the Government bombarded the workers quarter of the city with artillery, @ 1922? I think that was feared to be more communist orientated.....well, the commies did favor feeding the workers....the capitalists not.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

I looked through old Vienna adress books but could find this company. https://www.digital.wienbibliothek.at/wbr/nav/classification/2609 The "Lehmann" was the choice of the time.

Any information is always welcome. Thank you for your interest.

I found curious you mentioned "Lehmann", it reminded me that when visiting Costa Rica, in Central America, the name of the oldest book shop and stationary where you can buy pens still today, is Lehmann, they opened in the early twenties of the last century.

My best wished for 2019

Lehmann, as the editor of the Vienna adress books, is a very common name. In Germany alone it's among the top 30 surnames. Which is no suprise. It just means "man holding a fief" in English.