And Now For Something Completely Different- De Atramentis Ink Cartridges

Morbus Curiositas

And now for something completely different - De Atramentis Document ink Cartridges

De Atramentis Document ink Black

n47E6zm.jpg

De Atramentis Document Ink in…. Cartridges

Well I guess like most Fountain Pen fans I love bottled ink. Bottled inks are available in a vast array of colours As an extra bonus the bottle is a private joy for the Fountain Pen writer and is a beautiful reminiscence to the golden age of Fountain Pen writing.

And maybe not un important the price per ml. is usually lower

i7NNAMx.jpg

But what if you own a smaller Fountain Pen like these down here

LkYqNJy.jpg?1

https://www.lacouronneducomte.nl/webstore/main/fountain-pens-c-1.html

I own 2 Kaweco Sport Fountain Pens. Nice and small so that they will easily fit in your pants pockets.

The down side is that they are to small to for normal converters.

a5JFQwY.jpg

8Q7DvLe.jpg

In that case an ink cartridge brings a lot of ease and it is as practical as a small fountain pen can be.

And...

It keeps your fingers clean, or at least mine since I am quite a clumsy idiot 😉

De Atramentis Document Ink Black

The ink is smooth writing wet yet fast drying ink

De Atramentis was one of the first ink manufactures to bring out a Non-IG permanent ink on the market.

I have more than once tested the permanency of those inks. My most recent review was the one down here

394Q2ta.jpg

De Atramentis Document Inks Revisited - The 2018 Collection

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/341246-de-atramentis-document-inks-revisited-the-2018-collection/

One Colour…. To start with?

As far as I know, De Atramentis is doing a Henry Ford with it’s ink cartridges

"Available ink any colour as long is it black."

But just as Henry Ford later delivered more colours, I believe that Dr J will do so too.

Not only Dr J already produces more than 250 inks, he is always keen on satisfying this clients wishes.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/322431-de-atramentis-comparison-of-all-standard-inks/

f5hrO62.jpg

4wDuWbd.jpg

Making a black ink that is truly black is quite a difficult thing to make if the ink should not only be truly black but als be perfectly safe for Fountain Pens at the same time.

Judging from my (non scientific) comparison up here. The De Atramentis Document Ink seem to be the blackest ink shortly followed by the De Atra Black and that other sensational black: Sailor Jentle Black

btw. The De Atramentis Night Black seems to have a dark green hue

down here are some of the technical specs (as suggested by Ann Finley 2007)

(not copied in but for this ink)

points 1-5 1 = :( 5= :)

Fountain Pens: , Kaweco Calligrapy Classic Sport BB nib and 1,5 Italic nib

Paper: Vleveka Classic Line Paper and ordinary copying paper

Drying time Very fast less than 3 seconds points 5

Flow: very smooth points: 5

Lubrication: wet points: 5

Feathering : little points 4

Bleeding: nada points 5

Shading: very good points 4

Waterproof: Bomb Proof points 4

Package: Simple but elegant points 4

What Colour would you like in a Cartridge

As mentioned before Dr J. produces over 250 inks. When he started producing Document ink he only started with Blue, Dark Blue and Black. Today, also inspired by the requests of some artists, he has extended the range quite impressively...

This down here is the 2018 range

A330JUI.jpg

It might be a nice Idea to mention the colours you would like to see in a cartridge, in your response to this topic.

Although the packaging cost of cartridges are, relatively, more expensive per ml, it might inspire Dr J to produce the colours most mentioned, in cartridges

For YOUR inspiration click the link down here to see the comparison of all standard inks, or be inspired by the document ink comparison above

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/322431-de-atramentis-comparison-of-all-standard-inks/

Availability

Currently, as far as I know, these Cartridges are only available on the De Atramentis Webstore

ocrshmr.jpg

https://www.de-atramentis.com/Patronen/

But the fine stationery suppliers down here not only carry a lot of De Atramentis inks in there assortment…

They also will go (almost) all the way to satisfy their customer…

You might want to inform there

La Couronne Du Comte I guess Dennis and Rik would even travel to the moon to get it for you (just pay them a million or 2 ) Well it is safe to say that they do almost everything to satisfy their customers…

http://www.lacouronneducomte

Bankers have Rothshield Ink lovers have the Goulet Pen Company. Rachel and Brian carry the almost* largest assortment of ink on earth an it's near surroundings

http://www.gouletpens.com

(*almost Dear Amberlea Davis carries the largest assortment in the universe but is not a seller

Larry Post of Australia is a Great Supplier of Stationary and Artist Equipments. They carry a lot of De Atramentis Inks

http://www.larrypost.com.au/

The same applies to Singapore based Arters of the utterly friendly Yitpeng and WeetekOng

http://arters.com.sg

Conclusion

Although not being a great fan of cartridges and black inks, I must say that these Document black ink might be quite useful.

First of all I do have some smaller Fountain pens and these cartridges, literally, fit in quite well.

Cartridges are made for ease of use and that combined with a fast drying permanent ink is a good offer in my opinion….

Especially if this tempts Biro-Bast..ds to use the Noble Fountain Pen 😉

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

Tricked throughout the centuries...

For centuries people had been tricked by kings & "religion-alism"

In the 20th century people got tricked by communism

Today people get tricked by (neo)capitalism :)

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morbus Curiositas

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic