New Purchase - Lepetit Prince Doue Classique And Others

kelvw

Hi

It's my first post here with my first proper FP purchase. I'm not serious FP user but I do have a Lamy at work for the occasional scribble as I tend to draw more than I write. The LePetit Prince edition has intrigued me for awhile and I like how different it is compared to the standard black pens. After much drooling over at the boutiques, I decided to bite the bullet. I was contemplating between the LeGrand Resin and the Solitaire, I think I may get the Happy Holiday edition next.

Some obligatory photos :)

LRtFrAe.jpg

l66aFSF.jpg

Love the details on the nib and cap

AANdy62.jpg

mAbSgXj.jpg

8MSTw0B.jpg

grJ2Yay.jpg

I went on to purchase a few notebooks and inks. I saw the new A4 size LPP Sketchbook #149 which I believe was just released. No information on the website or anywhere but thought I'd share it here. I really like this one compared to the A5 edition as the blank pages are intersperse with sketches from the original artwork.

98myQKN.jpg

The stars and planets were gold foil stamped and the Prince/fox were embossed on the cover.

pTcN6sE.jpg

0PhYHdu.jpg

ofs5fvL.jpg

vvdK07k.jpg

I always thought the Classique is a bit small and slim but probably I was comparing it to the LeGrand. However having it side by side the rest of my usual pens, it's not too bad after all.

to0mi2Y.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kelvw

• AndyLogan

• Pen Nut

• Tom Kellie

~ kelvw:

Welcome to the Fountain Pen Network Montblanc Forum!

Your image series of your recent Le Petit Prince Doué Classique and associated products is a feast for the eyes.

Thank you for taking time to prepare and post such an attractive group of photographs.

Is it an M (Medium) nib? Your photos bring out the craftsmanship of the nib in an especially effective way.

The notebooks, sketchbook and inks are attractive.

May this pen bring you much writing pleasure in the years to come.

Tom K.

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

Beautiful pen! Hope you have great joy using it!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Beautiful pen and an awesome first post! Well done.

:W2FPN:

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Congratulations on buying such a beautiful pen and some additional goodies. I think you will enjoy the ink a lot. And, the new notebook is an intriguing find! I am looking forward to The Little Prince Edition for 2019.

Hi

It's my first post here with my first proper FP purchase. I'm not serious FP user but I do have a Lamy at work for the occasional scribble as I tend to draw more than I write. The LePetit Prince edition has intrigued me for awhile and I like how different it is compared to the standard black pens. After much drooling over at the boutiques, I decided to bite the bullet. I was contemplating between the LeGrand Resin and the Solitaire, I think I may get the Happy Holiday edition next.

Hello Kelvw,

Welcome, my that is one lovely pen,continue to enjoy it for years to come. I was caught unaware of the notebook that you had purchased, could not find it at the website, could you by chance check for the product code at that 149 notebook and post it here? I could ask the retailer if they could acquire this. I'm eagerly awaiting the next series of the Little Prince collection and try to collect at least a pen from each series. I was able to purchase the Holiday set because it had the same nib detail as the solitaire, as well as the ink window of the Le Grand.

"Storyteller, unfold thy words untold!"

Hello Kelvw,

Welcome, my that is one lovely pen,continue to enjoy it for years to come. I was caught unaware of the notebook that you had purchased, could not find it at the website, could you by chance check for the product code at that 149 notebook and post it here? I could ask the retailer if they could acquire this. I'm eagerly awaiting the next series of the Little Prince collection and try to collect at least a pen from each series. I was able to purchase the Holiday set because it had the same nib detail as the solitaire, as well as the ink window of the Le Grand.

Hi Andy

The product code is 119916. As far as I know, these aren't on the website. I've been told by the boutique they had only 15 copies in stock through out their UK stores when they check their computer. It's a really nice notebook, not just plain blank pages.

I'm really tempted to get another LPP, either the Happy Holidays or the LeGrand Solitaire. I'll probably get my classique Duoe nib change from M to OB too.

Hi Andy

The product code is 119916. As far as I know, these aren't on the website. I've been told by the boutique they had only 15 copies in stock through out their UK stores when they check their computer. It's a really nice notebook, not just plain blank pages.

I'm really tempted to get another LPP, either the Happy Holidays or the LeGrand Solitaire. I'll probably get my classique Duoe nib change from M to OB too.

Thank you for that info, You might want to consider the Le Grand as it has a different nib colour, the holiday set has the same nib as the one you already own. Oh & I had mine changed to OB when I purchased it, the next one will definetly be an OBB. Edited by AndyLogan

Thanks! I went to try the OB today and I love it. The M is ok but not expressive enough for me. I wonder if the OB is good enough for drawing too? I tend to draw more than I write

Thanks! I went to try the OB today and I love it. The M is ok but not expressive enough for me. I wonder if the OB is good enough for drawing too? I tend to draw more than I write

I actually don't have an answer for that, I haven't used my fp's for sketching, I've always used staedler pencils when I used to draw. Tried to doodle using an OB nib, I guess I'm just not used to it yet. There are some very talented folks here who draw with their fountain pens, one that comes to mind is user fpupulin, his seahorse drawings, among other things are exquisite.

The LPP is gorgeous! Thanks for the pictures, now I am very interested in purchasing this.

This forum is going to get me in trouble with my bank account.

Happy holidays

Steve

Welcome to the forum. Great first post with some cracking pictures !!

I sense a classic " I need another pen " excuse is wrapped up in this post, I mean how do you solve the real dilema of OB or M nib size ? Easy peasy you get them both which then kicks off the snowball syndrome and you are off. We have all been there, most still are, but hey nobody gets hurt and all damaged items are paid for in full :D

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

I did infact ordered another pen as we speak. I'm not a pen nut but it's hard to resist another one. I'll probably have both changed to OB.