The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Three Oysters Giwa

3 oysters giwa korea writing sample ink three oysters bobje

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bobje

Bobje

We're all bozos on this bus.

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 December 2018 - 18:53

Writing sample of the Korean ink 3 Oysters giwa, rather than a full review. Giwa is dark gray with a tinge of green. North Americans would describe it as slate. Fans of murky greens will like this one. Kim Jong-hae is a poet born in Busan, South Korea.

67DE5A42-EDDC-4BAE-A9F1-4A5EBACF099B.jpeg

71F364E8-831E-4D3F-BF85-3E33C923F4CA.jpeg

F47D5171-3DF0-4E58-8C76-8C8E5F09A008.jpeg

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

Sponsored Content

#2 Tas

Tas

Graphophile . . .

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,196 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 December 2018 - 20:14

Oooo . . . nice :)

#3 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 December 2018 - 20:49

Thank you for the sample.  I would love to get your opinion of the formulation.  Is it wet, dry, lubricated, etc?   Thank you so much!

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours.  When it is gone, it is gone.  Be wise, but enjoy!  - anonymous today

#4 lapis

lapis

medium rare

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,513 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 December 2018 - 20:51

Neat! If I may say so, I see less a tinge of green but more a hint of bronze. "Slate" sounds good. And... nice poetry!!!

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

#5 Bobje

Bobje

We're all bozos on this bus.

• FPN Super Moderators

• 1,958 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 December 2018 - 21:57

Bronze is a good way of putting it, just on the border of a green patina.

I havent used the ink in enough pens to get a great idea of properties, probably. In a Platinum Preppy with a medium nibs, its smooth and flows nicely, moderately saturated and just a little shading, a fluid experience writing these few lines. Its definitely not dry.

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

#6 rudyhou

rudyhou

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,666 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 December 2018 - 10:17

very nice.  i could see this color as one i would use on daily basis.

Edited by rudyhou, 11 December 2018 - 04:06.

-rudy-

#7 namrehsnoom

namrehsnoom

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 December 2018 - 18:08

Really nice grey. Lovely presentation and beautiful handwriting!

#8 Charles Skinner

Charles Skinner

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 February 2019 - 20:52

I have the 3 Oysters Mustard ink and really love it, because it is such a unique color! -- in my opinion!  I will be very quick to order the other "colors," if they too are somewhat unique!  I know that the word unique could mean different things to different people. Just let me say ---- the Mustard is NOT the color of fresh "store bought mustard" used on sandwiches ----- NO! --- NO! --- I don't know how to describe the color!  Could be "brown mustard."  or dirty mustard--- But the word "dirty" there should NOT mean something that is spoiled, or soiled!!!!!! If you have the other 3 Oysters colors, please tell me if these colors are unique! I am really ready buy them if they are unique! ---- Chas. Skinner

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 3 oysters, giwa, korea, writing sample, ink, three oysters, bobje

Sponsored Content

|