The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Capless Stripe And 3776 Century Laurel Green And Chenonceau White

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Algester

Algester

(´Д⊂ヽ

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,660 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 December 2018 - 17:44

I cant exactly say when they will be out but I think details from Pilot's website and Platinum's website should be good enough

I'll post the photos later

Sponsored Content

#2 mke

mke

Got my Pelikan M1000s - just one more if it ever comes out

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 19:40

This has been posted already last month

Capless Stripe:

http://www.fountainp...s-pilot-new-le/

3776 green and white

http://www.fountainp...reen-and-white/

#3 Algester

Algester

(´Д⊂ヽ

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,660 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 December 2018 - 04:06

NLo4UBB.jpg

now you did say they are limited ehh... barely any indications that point me they are

#4 mke

mke

Got my Pelikan M1000s - just one more if it ever comes out

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 06:07

You are too clever.

Edited by mke, 07 December 2018 - 06:16.

#5 peerless1

peerless1

Antique

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 14:50

My gut is telling me that that interest will be strong and they may become de facto Limited Editions. All of Platinums latest releases of the 3776 were colored and decorated acrylic. The white and green are resin. Maybe some other colors will be available in the future but, this seems unlike Platinums mode of operation.

stan

Formerly Ryojusen Pens
The oldest and largest buyer and seller of vintage Japanese pens in America.

Member: Pen Collectors of America & Fuente, THE Japanese Pen Collectors Club

#6 peerless1

peerless1

Antique

• FPN Super Moderators

• 1,675 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 03:45

Both the white and Laurel Green arrived today.

The white pen is great. Not a snow white. Just slightly off. Looks good with gold trim. Will be a keeper. Has a MEDIUM nib which, in Platinum scheme of sizing, is just right for daily use.

The green is a slight disappointment. I thought it might be a more verdant and brighter green. At a short distance it looks black compared to my black 3776. However, the more I use it the more I can see green. I’m trying! Might be the light in the room. It is a BROAD, which is similar to a Western MEDIUM. 

Both are supposed to be resin. The white might be as it is a solid color. The green is translucent. Holding it up to the light there is a hint of green. To me this is acrylic and it follows the recent pattern of issues of different colored clear acrylic Century models.

The Century models are larger than the older 3776 models which is good. They feel heavier too. Just a bit.

A question often heard on FPN is whether the pen feels cheap. That's a tough one. What does cheap feel like? It feels no different from some Pilots or Pelikans. In terms of usability and feel in the hand and of material, in a  blindfolded test it would be comparable with any of my Yotubisi or Nakaya pens. The Yotubisi and Nakaya are a pretty high standard.

Am not a shill for Platinum. Believe they are under rated and a great bargain compared to some of the modern  junk from Italy and elsewhere, including Japan.

Overall, I’m very satisfied. Especially at the price obtained in Japan. Everywhere in America they list for $179, that is still a bargain. I'm guessing you might be able to pick one up for $135~$150 at a pen show, if lucky. The guys selling online go to the show and their prices are pretty much fixed.

stan

Formerly Ryojusen Pens

#7 amk

amk

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,819 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 December 2018 - 14:11

I like the sound of the Laurel. With both the Chartres and Bourgogne I love the way I have a 'black pen' that magically turns coloured in the light of my desk lamp. Sounds like the Laurel is exactly the same in that regard.

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

#8 peerless1

peerless1

Antique

• FPN Super Moderators

• 1,675 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 14:42

I like the sound of the Laurel. With both the Chartres and Bourgogne I love the way I have a 'black pen' that magically turns coloured in the light of my desk lamp. Sounds like the Laurel is exactly the same in that regard.

No magic. Hope was it would be a brighter green. To my eyes, under both incandescent and fluorescent light it is a dark green. Might be darker under fluorescent. 

stan

Formerly Ryojusen Pens

Sponsored Content

|