The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Looking For A Pen To Try Out A Few #5 Nibs With.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 thirdguess

thirdguess

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 December 2018 - 15:38

I am looking for a couple ideas decent low-cost pens that will accept, what I am assuming are, number 5 nibs. I recently inherited some nibs, some of them might be on the vintage side, some not so special. The point is, I'd like to try them out in a pen that will easily accept them. Hopefully something with an ebonite feed so I can heat set them easily and try them out one at a time. Once I figure more out about what I like (still in the noob stage after all) I can get something better and more permanent. Ideally I would love to spend <$20, as this is more or less for the sale of trials. I don't know if any of those Chinese clone pens out there either come with ebonite feeds or if you can fit and ebonite feed from the pain they are cloning in it... Just a thought...

Any thoughts would be helpful!

Sponsored Content

#2 mitto

mitto

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,326 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 December 2018 - 16:48

See here:

http://www.fountainp...ke-jowo-5-nibs/
Khan

#3 JaAmEater

JaAmEater

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 December 2018 - 17:06

I would recommend trying out pens from Fountain Pen Revolution. The FPR Guru is a $9 piston-filler with an ebonite feed that accepts #5 nibs.

#4 beboy

beboy

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 December 2018 - 15:57

I found that Faber Castell pens have a convenient Feed and housing to try #5 nibs.  I think the Faber Castell Grip 2011 might do the job if you want a pen under $20, but I am not sure about the nib size.

Pentel Tradio might also work.

Sponsored Content

|