The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Free Fountain Pen Wrap Pattern

case wrap rollup storage pattern

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dragonq

dragonq

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:20

I would like to share this free pattern I have written for making a fabric fountain pen wrap. The pattern requires a basic sewing machine, and introductory sewing skills; but it is not difficult to make. (You can also use it for other things, such as crochet hooks and double pointed knitting needles.) Wrap holds eight fountain pens, but you can easily adjust it to make it bigger if you want. The instructions are clearly written and accompanied by photos of every step.

I have put a lot of work into writing the pattern, and ask that, as I am not selling it, you respect my copyright by not making items for sale from it. If you would like to share it, that is fine, but please keep its original format with the copyright information and authorship details intact. Links to my website for downloads are appreciated.

Happy sewing, and please share any photos of cases that you make.

The pattern can be downloaded here. http://www.natalieja...ochet-hook.html

Attached Images

• 13D7E128-6451-4032-AA0E-898E68CF40D5.jpeg
  • 61A81332-D4B5-469C-9DEA-DD516733B468.jpeg

Edited by dragonq, 06 December 2018 - 10:22.

Sponsored Content

#2 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Pen Dust

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,351 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:13

:thumbup:

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany & https://www.peter-bo...cts/nib-systems,

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

#3 mitto

mitto

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,095 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 December 2018 - 16:59

Good. Thanks for sharing.
Khan M. Ilyas

#4 goodpens

goodpens

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 17:11

The pattern can be downloaded here. http://www.natalieja...ochet-hook.html

Thank you, dragonq. I've been wanting to try small projects to better learn how to use my sewing machine. I downloaded this and hope to give it a try. 

#5 dragonq

dragonq

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 December 2018 - 10:35

Just made a couple more pen cases in more gentlemanly colours, and realised the length of cord I specified in the pattern is a bit short. I said to use 30cm, but suggest about 16 inches is a better length. I will fix up the pattern, but if youve already downloaded it to make one just take it into account.

Attached Images

• F63F164C-BD40-41E8-9599-4DBDA6BF9D33.jpeg

#6 spacecoastpenny

spacecoastpenny

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 December 2018 - 19:19

Thanks for sharing, my wife have made me a wrap, it did not have the flap. I like your design better.

spacecoastbanner_FP.png

#7 Mulrich

Mulrich

Modern Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 02:08

I have a goal to design a pen case that attaches to a shirt button for my pocketless button ups but havent the time to make it happen.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: case, wrap, rollup, storage, pattern

Sponsored Content

|