Ferris Wheel Press?

oraxia

Anyone heard of Ferris Wheel Press inks? (Or pens, for that matter?)

There was a Kickstarter for their inks a while back that would likely be going out to backers shortly, and you can apparently pre-order via their IndieGoGo campaign. I'd only just heard of it yesterday and I must admit that I was instantly smitten with, of all things, the bottle the ink comes in :lol: In spite of the "most magical FP ink" billing, the colors aren't particularly grabbing my attention, but that's possibly just my monitor not doing it justice, and the only review I could find was this at Gourmet Pens. Apart from a color swatch of all three ink colors and more pictures of the pretty bottles, there isn't a lot more non-press information to go on, so I was hoping perhaps someone here might have experience with or otherwise be in the know.

Trying really hard not to buy one just for the bottle, because that would be a kinda pricey bottle if I ended up not liking the ink...

Nevermind me! I'm just an inkling, a mere pigment of your imagination...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thesmellofdustafterrain

• gillum51

• oraxia

I actually took part in the Kickstarter campaign. I will say up front it was the smoothest run Kickstarter campaign I have ever been involved with. The updates were numerous and everything was delivered on schedule. I chose the Bluegrass Velvet color ink. It was about 30 USD for a 85 ml bottle of ink. I will also freely admit that I was at least partially taken in by the neat bottle. As for the ink itself, it was just OK. It's well behaved on most of the papers and pens that I have tried, but the color itself is not anything out of the ordinary. I'm sure a lot of pen users have this same problem: you accumulate enough ink so that everything starts to look like something else. It becomes almost impossible to find something truly unique. That's the issue here is my view. The ink here is sort of a bluish teal. A nice color, but not that much different from Noodler's Squeateague or Sailor Yama Dori (could be wrong on that name!). Still, I will use the ink and the bottle looks good on my desk. just not sure it was worth what I paid for it.

Another Kickstarter supporter here. I just got my pen and ink yesterday. I don't know a lot about different inks, but I like this one. I chose Tanzanite Sky and it's a nice dark blue with a hint of purple. I'm afraid I've only tried it in the Ferris Wheel pen, so I don't know yet how it performs with a pen I'm used to, but first impressions are that it's darker than I expected. It a nice, comfortable shade for writing letters, except that being so dark, it's hard to write on both sides of the page (it could be I need different paper). I really like this colour and the intensity of the ink. It dries fast, about the same speed as my Pilot ink.

The pen itself is lovely. The weight and balance in my hand are perfect for my hand and it's hard to put it down. I would have liked to have a finer nib for my style of writing.

Will I buy the ink again? Maybe. The colour is attractive but I don't know if I want to buy it again until I've used it more. The packaging is stellar. They do a fantastic job there and no plastic! (plastic-free packaging is very important to me)

On the whole, I'm pleased I got the Ferris Wheel pen and ink. Even though it was a bit pricey for my budget, it made a lovely Holiday gift to myself.

petrichor

Here's a review of the ink I found on youtube

And a review of the Brush Fountain Pen

Edited by thesmellofdustafterrain

petrichor