Parker Sonnet 18K, F Nib, $87 On Amazon!

Honeybadgers

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JIQHW5W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_5-h.BbS9GR12Z

Sold by amazon themselves. They will only sell one per customer (I tried to get two)

Edited by Honeybadgers

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Honeybadgers

• Charles Rice

• PaulS

• MuddyWaters

Now that's a killer deal, right there. Even the Sonnet haters would have to admit that there's a chance for good profit by instantly reselling it :D

Myself, I would keep it. But deals like this always come along when I don't have the money. Sigh.

Even the Sonnet haters would have to admit that there's a chance for good profit by instantly reselling it :D

Are there really Sonnet hater out there?

thanks - it wasn't my intention to buy one, I was just being curious re the offer. I have a few Sonnets - one or two really nice ones but none of which I use as my interest is in pre 1970 pens usually, and this model is a lot more recent. :)

Now that's a killer deal, right there. Even the Sonnet haters would have to admit that there's a chance for good profit by instantly reselling it :D

Myself, I would keep it. But deals like this always come along when I don't have the money. Sigh.

I'm sort of one of those people. I'm a Sonnet hater-lover-hater, and yours seemed like a good idea, but I just checked sold Sonnets on ebay and there isn't really any wiggle room to resell this one for a profit - more than likely, ebay/paypal's fees will eat up most of it.

Alex

---------------------------------------------------------

We use our phones more than our pens.....

and the world is a worse place for it. - markh

Probably not long. I got one and found a warehouse "like new" deal for one for $79 with all packaging. Going to inspect that one thoroughly for someone swapping in a fake and returning it, but the black/gold section is not one I've seen nor heard of being counterfeited.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

yes, 15-20 years ago they released a total lemon of the model which didn't work, and they refused to accept any responsibility.

it's only been mentioned 500 times on FPN comments on the Sonnet.

Glad people are happy with more recent batches on the market.

Did you order this pen hb?

I ordered two. Got one normally and one via amazon warehouse that was basically new. Both were legitimate and perfect. Will be giving one to my sister in law as a gift for getting into med school.

so I am 3 for 3 with perfect sonnets.

I can also confirm that all 3 have no drying out problems.

Edited by Honeybadgers

I ordered two. Got one normally and one via amazon warehouse that was basically new. Both were legitimate and perfect. Will be giving one to my sister in law as a gift for getting into med school.

so I am 3 for 3 with perfect sonnets.

I can also confirm that all 3 have no drying out problems.

Review or video coming soon? What do you like about it? Is it the same shape as the baoer 388 (quite small)?

Bait & switch? Price showing as $118-268 now... maybe they listed 1 unit at the special price to boost their listing to the top :)

Bait & switch? Price showing as $118-268 now... maybe they listed 1 unit at the special price to boost their listing to the top :)

The deal was only on the 18K Fine, which currently shows as unavailable. There other nibs were all different prices, making about as much sense as airline ticket prices.

Edited by XYZZY

Naw, it was good at the time of the post.

The price fluctuation was odd though (Fine vs Medium, Gold vs. Silver trim if you click through all the variations). Only that specific one he linked was listed at such a low price.

-k

Negatory. they had several for that price.

After I ordered mine there were still more in stock at $87 for a few weeks

Honestly, it's a hell of a good pen for under $150. more than that, pass.

Edited by Honeybadgers

yes, 15-20 years ago they released a total lemon of the model which didn't work, and they refused to accept any responsibility.

it's only been mentioned 500 times on FPN comments on the Sonnet.

Glad people are happy with more recent batches on the market.

I guess I got lucky - but 500 times? I only counted 487.

The fine gold nib is available again right now!

Amazon price fluctuate, as do those of Walmart online and similar places. I've bought several items, and gone back, minutes to an hour or two later, to find a new, lower or higher, price. This phenomenon has been documented by the consumer press. (Walmart online and Amazon do this especially in response to each other on popular products.)

As far as Warehouse items, mostly I've found some real bargains. But recently, I had to return two Platinum 3776 pens, handled "by Amazon." I ordered the advertised ultra extra fine gold nib, and in one case rec'd a broad nib, and in the other, a fine nib on a pen with a black body and blue nib holder. Obviously no-one looked at these (i.e., no-one cared). Amazon took both back and covered postage both ways. But I ended up just buying a 3776 at a low price from a regular seller. So be careful!

Brian

Me. I have two Parker Sonnet Cascade gold fountain pens here in my household (after giving away a third one lazily as a birthday present, to a friend who wasn't particularly close) many years ago, and if my fiancée hadn't kindly elected to take custody of them, I would probably have given them away to her cousins' children as playthings; the pens are 'shiny', and kids aren't discerning when it comes to writing performance.

The gold nibs are prone to skipping, and the pens themselves are apt to dry out within two or three weeks sitting in the drawer unused, even when capped properly. That is inexcusable to me.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.