Parker 50 Falcon Photo Thread

PenHero

Hi, Folks!

Thought I would start a thread on the integral nib Parker 50 Falcon, the poor mans T-1. I only have the one to show and would like to see more.

This is a Parker 50B Falcon Matte Black fountain pen c. 1980. This 5 1/8 inch long cartridge / converter fountain pen is noted for its integrated stainless steel nib. The nib is essentially an extension of the section all the way to the slit for the tines and the tipping material. The matte black finish was complemented with chrome plated trim. PARKER over MADE IN U.S.A. is stamped on the back cap lip. Available nib grades were extra fine, fine, medium and broad. Matching ballpoint pens and pencils were offered.

post-225-0-10941600-1543146348_thumb.jpeg

Thanks!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PenHero

• Glenn-SC

• FlighterGuy

• christof

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My 5 Falcons (actually I have another Flighter)

(I need a lightbox!)

http://i68.tinypic.com/1zwm69h.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/332cegy.jpg

Edited by Glenn-SC

Amazing pens Glenn!

I will include a photo just to show that the cap-actuated ballpoint also has the Cousin Eddie widow's peak (stolen description, I don't recall from whom).

Falcon-2.jpg

One test is worth a thousand expert opinions.

• 1 month later...

Hi, Folks!

This is a Parker 50 Falcon Flighter fountain pen c. 1979. This 5 1/8 inch long cartridge / converter fountain pen is noted for its integrated stainless steel nib. The nib is essentially an extension of the section all the way to the slit for the tines and the tipping material. The gripping part of the section has a matte finish. The brushed stainless steel finish was complemented with gold plated trim. PARKER over MADE IN U.S.A. is stamped on the back cap lip. Available nib grades were extra fine, fine, medium and broad. Matching ballpoint pens and pencils were offered. Shown with its price tag, it sold for $25 in 1979. The matching cap actuated ballpoint was $12.50.

http://www.penhero.com/Temp/ParkerFalcon50Flighter_1280_01.jpg
Thanks!

Not actually mine, belongs to a friend, rescued from a decade (or more) unused in a desk drawer.

A good soak and a flush (or three) and it writes as good as new. It's the matte brown model.

Lovely smooth nib to write with! Effortless. Looks like a kugel.

fpn_1547255404__falcon_-_1.jpg

@ Spikey Mike: Is that a gold Harlequin Falcon at the bottom of your picture?!!? Wow!

Not actually mine, belongs to a friend, rescued from a decade (or more) unused in a desk drawer.

A good soak and a flush (or three) and it writes as good as new. It's the matte brown model.

Lovely smooth nib to write with! Effortless. Looks like a kugel.

fpn_1547255404__falcon_-_1.jpg

@ Spikey Mike: Is that a gold Harlequin Falcon at the bottom of your picture?!!? Wow!

It's a special pattern that I believe was used exclusively for pens supplied to WH Smiths stationary shops in the UK and was marketed as the "Golden Falcon"

http://pencollect.co.uk/personal/15.jpg

Edited by Spikey Mike

Hi, Folks!

This is a Parker 50 Falcon Matte Brown fountain pen c. 1980. This 5 1/8 inch long cartridge / converter fountain pen is noted for its integrated stainless steel nib. The nib is essentially an extension of the section all the way to the slit for the tines and the tipping material. The gripping part of the section has a matte finish. Matte Brown finish was the final finish and was complimented with gold plated trim. PARKER over MADE IN U.S.A. is stamped on the back cap lip. Available nib grades were extra fine, fine, medium and broad. Matching ballpoint pens and pencils were offered. It sold for $30 in 1980. The matching cap actuated ballpoint was $17.50.

http://www.penhero.com/Temp/ParkerFalcon50Brown_1280_01.jpg

Thanks!

I like Falcons too, and the blue one is oh so very cool, so here is a red one.

fpn_1547329288__100_1527.jpg

And here is a Falcon Arrow. And I put a standard Falcon next to it so that everyone can see that the nib/section is much shorter.

fpn_1547329269__100_1528.jpg

Is the red a prototype?

I've never seen the color before.

It has to be, only Black an Brown were sold. I doubt that there is a red BP out there, but I can always hope. I have a telephone dialer in my collection as well.

Sure Glen, no problem.

The first pen sports a standard section, same as the TX brown or the gold plated version.

fpn_1548673659__falham.jpg

The section on the second pen is unlike any Falcon I have seen before, all black, no widows peak.

fpn_1548673702__falpro.jpg

Better pictures.

fpn_1548673729__fnib.jpg

Hope this helps
Paul.

Color me green with envy! Beautiful pens guys!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!