The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Serial Number Engraving And Font

montblanc 149 fake authentic authenticity counterfeit

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RayCornett

RayCornett

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 November 2018 - 20:14

I am used to seeing a more digital looking fond with serifs and more angular font. Is this good?

EDIT- I forgot to mention previously that the owner did have this 149 serviced by Montblanc and has that paperwork.

Attached Images

• 46524134_1963519893954624_3040625318428672000_n.jpg

Edited by RayCornett, 24 November 2018 - 21:27.

Sponsored Content

#2 admmarcos

admmarcos

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 November 2018 - 20:22

Looks different, at least, from the numbers I know that are more "squared".

#3 RayCornett

RayCornett

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 November 2018 - 20:27

Looks different, at least, from the numbers I know that are more "squared".

More squared, that is what I am used to, too. But I did hear from someone that the font changed from when they started engraving to now. Not sure how true that is.

#4 RayCornett

RayCornett

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 November 2018 - 20:32

The thing is, it has a brass piston and though I hear some fakes do as well, they are very few and far between. Everything else points to it being good.

#5 CS388

CS388

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,004 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 12:39

If it's been back to MB for a service, then you can be 100% certain that it's the genuine article.

I've seen many different fonts in the serial numbers - and often seen serial numbers badly misaligned, on genuine pens.

Enjoy

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: montblanc, 149, fake, authentic, authenticity, counterfeit

Sponsored Content

|