Is There A Simple Way To Pif A Couple Of Pen Bodies + A Kaweco Nib-Unit?

tinta

Since 2011 when I joined FPN, I PIF-ed a number of pens,Pelikan leather pen cases, a selection of extra carts etc.... to folks who responded to my posts & offered to pay my shipping fees to them.

This was simply accomplished on a first come first served basis using PMs as a for of communication.

Once the goods were shipped, I would announce on my thread that the item(s) is/are no longer available.

I see that since the last time that I have given away anything through FPN the idea of PIF has taken on a life of its own & seems to have become more complicated. Perhaps, like life.

I read some PIF offerings & I feel that one must devise a contest of sorts, perhaps with a certain number of applicants, with rules, so forth... for some lucky person to "win" my offering.

All I want to do is simply to pass on a couple of used Kaweco black/chrome Dia2 pens, in good working & cosmetic condition to anyone who wants them. I've used them for a couple of years to test international ink cartridge colours.

I do not wish to sell them but simply give them away.

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tinta

• bass1193

• inkstainedruth

• inky-finger

I was just contemplating buying a Dia2 with the sales this weekend but decided against it. I would love to try one.

I think that it's up to the PIF creator to determine how their items are given away. From what I've seen, some people do first-come, first-served, some pick randomly, others make a little contest of sorts, and there are probably other ways. You can do it however you like to.

That said, I've considered getting a Kaweco pen before, but haven't gotten around to it. From what I've read, they do seem to be good pens in general, so I'll put my name in the hat for this giveaway. Thanks for the offer!

Another way I've seen it done (and have been the recipient of same) is to PM a specific person and say "Hey, I see that you like or were wanting to try X type of pen". No muss, no fuss, and if the candidate says no thanks, you can throw it open in a general post.

But unless you want to slog through a bunch of maybe un-related threads using the search function, the easiest is probably to say "First responder gets it". Admittedly the contest of "caption the photo" was fun and I liked seeing other responders' entries.

Oh, not an entrant here, BTW.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I would love to try a Kaweco fountain pen, never owned one. Nice PIF and thank you for your act of kindness.

http://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/LetterExchange.png

If that's what you want to do, that's fine.

Thank you for your assistance.

Istvan

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

In my original offer I explained that I used to give pens, etc.... away (on a first-come-first-served basis) by asking the interested parties PM me, then we would figure out the shipping details from there.

At 10:47 I have received a PM from a person who was interested in one of the Dia2s. :)

I have responded to his post.

If he confirms his interest then one Kaweco Dia2 will go to him.

The second Dia2 is still available.

Please PM me to let me know if you are interested.

I will ship the Dia2 with the original B nib- unit (un-inked), new Kaweco international converter,+ a spare feed & collar.

Cheers, tinta

Edited by tinta

"Jacobgmusic" has taken the first of my two Kaweco Dia2s.

Thank you for participating Jacob.

tinta

BTW: Still one to go.

Edited by tinta

I will take the second if in case it is still available.

Sorry Mitto but the two pens went to two interested parties by 20:18 EST yesterday. Thank you for participating.

Regards, tinta

Thank you to all, for participating in this PIF of two Dia2 pens.

Member "bass1193" has taken my second Kaweco Dia2. fountain pen. There are no more left, so my offer is now closed. I am pleased that these reliable instruments will be able to serve someone else. :D

I would also like to thank the FPN community in helping me give away two of my trusted Kaweco pens.

• 2 weeks later...

The simplicity of your kindness says loads. Very appropriate, I'd say, to this season. Thank you for this gift to us all.

People often don't know the importance of PIF and other acts of generosity on this board. A few years ago, my wife, who was then a college professor in her early 50s, succumbed to PTSD related to a terrible incident in earlier life when she was a journalist. She suddenly couldn't work or even leave the house. Two incomes suddenly shrunk to one, our finances fell into a mess, and everything sat on my shoulders in terms of running our house and our lives (make no mistake, I always knew she, and not I, was the one who was suffering).

In the little free time I had, I found I could afford to do almost nothing. As there was no room for my shop, I already had been transitioning from woodworking, selling my tools and buying pens such as Esties. Now I couldn't develop my interest in older fountain pens, yet the doctors warned me recreation is needed if you are a caregiver.

Here on FPN, I found a person who gave me several good pens and some to work on, another who gave me a splendid copy of a repair book as he was getting the new edition, another who gave me a box full of spare parts I still draw on, and one woman sent me a box full of nibs, holders, and inks, suggesting I try a little calligraphy. Others helped, too, with paper, parts, advice, and conversation. All-in-all, the correspondence, the human contact as much as the kindness and gifts, allowed me to review and rearrange my life, and realize I was lucky to care for a wonderful woman and find diversion in my new hobby without needing to leave the house.

This is a very special place, full of special people.

Merry Christmas, and a very happy New Year to you and all!

Brian

• 3 weeks later...

Now that I have used the Dia2 for a week (the week before last :blush: note how dark Sherwood looks in the attached pics) I am floored at what a great pen this is, and by Tinta's kindness in giving it to me. This is also my first modern Kaweco broad nib, and it's performed flawlessly! I honestly was not expecting that :lol: best modern Kaweco #5 I've had!

Thank you again, Tinta, for your incredible generosity! I'll also attach a portrait of the pen you gave me with some of its new siblings, and a Kaweco candy that came with the chased Classic Sport :D

post-138242-0-90978000-1545874434_thumb.jpg

post-138242-0-73377100-1545874468_thumb.jpg

post-138242-0-01716400-1545875012_thumb.jpg

Now that I have used the Dia2 for a week (the week before last :blush: note how dark Sherwood looks in the attached pics) I am floored at what a great pen this is, and by Tinta's kindness in giving it to me. This is also my first modern Kaweco broad nib, and it's performed flawlessly! I honestly was not expecting that :lol: best modern Kaweco #5 I've had!

Thank you again, Tinta, for your incredible generosity! I'll also attach a portrait of the pen you gave me with some of its new siblings, and a Kaweco candy that came with the chased Classic Sport :D

attachicon.gif 20181226_180210.jpg

attachicon.gif 20181226_180620.jpg

attachicon.gif 1545874955760328.jpg

I'm really glad the Dia2 worked out for you.

Love your family photos. You indeed do like Kawecos.

Thanks for the kind words.

:blush: tinta