Pelikan M150 Iconic Blue (With Broad Nib)

Dr_Jekyll

Hello :)

I found this while surfing the internet, once again, for pens that I cannot afford 😂

This seems to be a great deal for those who like Pelikan pens and broad nibs! Just thought I'd share it in case anyone was interested.

https://www.birminghampens.com/collections/pelikan-fountain-pens/products/pelikan-m120-fountain-pen-iconic-blue

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Gloucesterman

• Dr_Jekyll

• putteringpenman

Thanks for sharing! I've had my eye on that pen for a while and just couldn't pass on that price.

Currently inked:

- Pilot Custom 743 <M> with Pilot Black

- Pelikan M120 Iconic Blue <B> with Pilot Blue

- Lamy Studio All Black <M> with Pilot Blue-Black

YouTube fountain pen reviews: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2qU4nlAfdZpQrSakktBMGg/videos

I have one with a medium nib, that I got at one of the tables at the Commonwealth Pen Show in September.

The link shows the pens as now being sold out -- so what were the pens going for? (I thought I did pretty well on mine, so I was curious).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

You might want to check out the availability of this pen on the Cult Pens site. They have very good pricing for Pelikan anyway and are offering an additional 10% off for this weekend (I think) plus free international shipping if you spend more than 75 Pounds (I think).

The shipping from the U.K. to the Boston area was three/four days when I purchased some pens, ink and paper from them back in August. They had great service and the prices, on everything I bought, were really good.

If I wasn't in the market for a "newer" car right now I would definitely be buying a few things from them for the holiday. AND, I still might do it.

Oh, BTW the pen is a Pelikan 120 (not 150) AND I have no affiliation with Cult Pens!

Okay, I just checked their site and here is the link for you to cut and paste for that pen on their site:

https://www.cultpens.com/i/q/PK60329/pelikan-traditional-m120-fountain-pen-special-edition-iconic-blue

Finally, keep in mind that your price will be the one that does not include the VAT (value added tax) less 10% of that.I think the current exchange rate is $1.33/ BP (British Pound).

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Okay, that's a little more than I paid for mine, but not much more, and still cheaper than I've seen them for normally at retail prices here in the US. And of course the shipping would have been way less expensive than the 2 day drive (each way) to MA and back -- not to mention the emotional upheaval of dealing with various in-laws in the process (and I got to do THAT part of it all again this week, and will get to do it all Yet Again (™) at Christmastime... :gaah: ).

At least at Christmas I can, with luck, add the somewhat annual pilgrimage to Fountain Pen Hospital, and I'm going to try and add in a stop at the new Lamy-Soho store in the process (and at that point I'd be staying with the best of the in-laws, in that they don't make me want to commit axe murders...).

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Finally, keep in mind that your price will be the one that does not include the VAT (value added tax) less 10% of that.I think the current exchange rate is $1.33/ BP (British Pound).

VAT is 20% onto the pre-tax price, so calculating back to tax-free it works out at a reduction of about 16.7%, well worth having.

Glenn.

Okay, that's a little more than I paid for mine, but not much more, and still cheaper than I've seen them for normally at retail prices here in the US. And of course the shipping would have been way less expensive than the 2 day drive (each way) to MA and back -- not to mention the emotional upheaval of dealing with various in-laws in the process (and I got to do THAT part of it all again this week, and will get to do it all Yet Again (™) at Christmastime... :gaah: ).

At least at Christmas I can, with luck, add the somewhat annual pilgrimage to Fountain Pen Hospital, and I'm going to try and add in a stop at the new Lamy-Soho store in the process (and at that point I'd be staying with the best of the in-laws, in that they don't make me want to commit axe murders...).

ISR - your relatives don't read your input here do they???

Also, the next meeting of the Boston Pen people is December 16th and it's around the corner (almost) from the Holiday Inn in Somerville. Usually we have a mini- show for people to buy/sell/lust after pens!

Send me a PM if you might be there.

Best to you for an axless holoday season.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

ISR - your relatives don't read your input here do they???

Also, the next meeting of the Boston Pen people is December 16th and it's around the corner (almost) from the Holiday Inn in Somerville. Usually we have a mini- show for people to buy/sell/lust after pens!

Send me a PM if you might be there.

Best to you for an axless holoday season.

:lol:

No, fortunately not -- they mostly think I'm weird. Although my one brother-in-law was telling me yesterday that he used to have some cheap calligraphy pens, and several years ago Christmas he tried to give me his old Rapidograph set (he's retired now, but was an electrical engineer). Of course his wife was the one who didn't understand my interest in pens unless there was some intrinsic value to them.... :( (She apparently then bought a Pilot Metropolitan when they were on sale for $5 US at Staples a couple of years ago; I never heard whether or not she liked it, but I know that the one by me only carried them with F nibs, and I found the F nib I tried when I bought mine in Bromfield's a year or two before that to be scratchy -- I much prefer the M on mine, although I'd like to try one of their stub nibs at some point).

The odds of my getting to your meeting are pretty slim -- we have to juggle my husband's work schedule, and since he's only been working for his current company since July he doesn't have a lot of vacation/PTO time yet. And that has to also include the annual thing he runs his sideline business at, as well as random holiday travel stuff.