Pelikan Vintage P505/p510/p520 Fountain Pens, Anyone Have Used It Before?

anonymous3715

So I found a website selling these pens at 21 dollars with five cartridges,

and I think it's a decent price and will try one of these.

The thing is, I have no idea what the differences among these three pens are

and if they fit in Pelikan converter as well.

Anyone have used them before?

Edited by anonymous3715

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anonymous3715

• TorPelikan

• senzen

• sargetalon

Top Posters In This Topic

I strongly recommend you to visit this site.

Very well built site and contains tons of helpful informations about Pelikan pens.

regards,

By the way, I have used P520 years age.

It's a good slim pen which writes smoothly, but later developed deep unrepairable crack in the section.

So sad.

Thanks a lot for the link. According to the page on the link,

it seems that P520 is a cartridge model, which means it does not fit in with a converter?

It's sad that your P520's got broken. Endlesspens.com is currently selling it for 21 dollars and

I guess you can use 10% promo code, so I think you can purchase one there if you need it.

I have no idea what the differences are among P505/P510/P520,

but I will just get P520.

Thanks a lot for your input.

They are all contemporaries in the Signum line. All are cartridge fillers from the 1980s. The only real differences between them are the trim style. They all have steel nibs. The only thing you need to choose between the 3 is which do you like better in terms of appearance because all other factors are equal. I have no personal experience with these but have heard they write well. I cant verify converter compatibility but I have seen it written that there was a model specific converter as the standard converter doesnt quite fit but Ive never verified that independently. Hope that helps you.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

it seems that P520 is a cartridge model, which means it does not fit in with a converter?

If it takes a cartridge it probably also takes a converter.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

They are all contemporaries in the Signum line. All are cartridge fillers from the 1980s. The only real differences between them are the trim style. They all have steel nibs. The only thing you need to choose between the 3 is which do you like better in terms of appearance because all other factors are equal. I have no personal experience with these but have heard they write well. I cant verify converter compatibility but I have seen it written that there was a model specific converter as the standard converter doesnt quite fit but Ive never verified that independently. Hope that helps you.

Thanks a lot!

If it takes a cartridge it probably also takes a converter.

I am good with cartridges now, but maybe I can try using different converters to see if they fit in this pen.