New Townsends: Ferraris, Pig, And Clinton

MrThoth

Cross recently added several pens to its Townsend line, so naturally I had to have them to keep my collection complete! I've been saving up my shekels and finally had enough to get them for myself as a sort of early birthday present, so I thought I'd show 'em to y'all.

The first three on the left are the new "Scuderia Ferrari" line that Cross has put out in conjunction with the famed carmaker: Rosso Glossy Black Lacquer; Rosso Corsa Red Lacquer; and Black Honeycomb Pattern. I particularly like the Red Lacquer -- it's a different, much more striking shade of red than any other Townsend. I hope I can find one of these cheaply enough at some point to use it as an everyday carry pen.

Just to the right of those three is the 2019 Year of the Pig, in red and gold. Cross seems to have settle on the Townsend body for its Asian zodiac pens, which is fine by me. ;) Looking forward to what 2020's Rat pen will be like!

To the right of that isn't a newly issued pen, but it's new to me. I already have an Obama presidential pen, and have been keeping an eye out for the others. Recently I found one of the Bill Clinton pens, with a Sterling Silver body. There were apparently only 75 of these made. There also seems to be a 10K Gold Filled Clinton pen, of which 300 were made (but I'm not entirely clear if that's a rollerball, a fountain pen, or both). I have found images of the George W. Bush and Donald Trump pens, but sadly haven't located copies of either for sale (I'm not sure the Trump has even been released to the market yet).

Hope you enjoy the pics!

post-114193-0-15053900-1542566751_thumb.jpg

post-114193-0-38105600-1542566764_thumb.jpg

MrThoth

Scribe, Master of Mystic Lore, Young Curmudgeon

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MrThoth

• PAKMAN

• ArchiMark

• jchch1950

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats, great finds! How many are in your collection?

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Of Townsends only, I have 58 of the 59 models/finishes I can definitively identify, plus one Townsend with a finish that doesn't match anything I can find. (I am also aware of one more "finish" that I don't own but can't yet prove to my own satisfaction is a separate model.) Additionally, I have the two Concorde souvenir Townsends they made, two Presidential signature Townsends (Obama and Clinton), and a special Townsend sold by the George W. Bush Presidential Library (which I don't believe is in the same "line" as the other two Presidentials I mentioned).

In addition to all that, I have 22 Townsends with various company, university, etc. logos on the cap or emblems on the clip. My favorite of these is a gold Townsend that used to belong to a 32nd degree Mason. If there's any justice in this world, I will one day discover that this pen is secretly a key which opens a long-lost vault in some crumbling Masonic hall that contains the magical power to control the world. ;)

And now that I've gotten the latest models, the quest for strange rarities I've never seen before and other unusual Townsends continues! ::cue dramatic theme music::

Edited by MrThoth

MrThoth

Scribe, Master of Mystic Lore, Young Curmudgeon

Impressive collection! Congrats!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

• 3 weeks later...

Wow!

Your collection continues to impress and amaze....

Congrats, on your latest acquisitions.

Mark

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

• 2 weeks later...

I would have thought the Clinton would have been more cigar shaped! (He was the president that smoked cigars... wasn't he?)

Edited by LewBleu

I would have thought the Clinton would have been more cigar shaped! (He was the president that smoked cigars... wasn't he?)

Thought it was somebody else smoking his cigar... :ninja:

And somehow associated with blue ink - a striking cobalt blue perhaps. :P