The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Sheaffer Imperial Cartridge Filler - Identification Help!

sheaffer cartridge imperial

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rowdy123

rowdy123

Give my creation life!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 10:49

Hi, I picked this up recently in amongst a load of other pens - having difficulty in tying down the model/date.

In style (nib, barrel and cap) it appears a good match with the Imperial II Touchdowns of ca.1962. However its a cartridge filler and i haven't found any reference to Sheaffer marketing such a pen. Is there anyone out there who can enlighten me? With the conical nib it makes for a fine writer (even finer with the nib reversed).

Thanks

PS. I did find a reference to the Imperial models being reintroduced in 1969 with a cartridge filler option, but these had a new style cap  with a white dot - I suppose its possible that over the years simply an old style cap has been paired up with a 1969 Imperial CT model.

Attached Images

• Sheaffer_CT_1.jpg
  • Sheaffer_CT_2small.jpg

Edited by rowdy123, 17 November 2018 - 11:18.

Sponsored Content

#2 Mr_PFM

Mr_PFM

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 November 2018 - 08:00

It looks like something from the 1970's era, similar to the stylist pens but a lower end. Any clue if that nib is steel or palladium silver? (My guess is steel).

#3 mitto

mitto

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,150 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 November 2018 - 14:09

The Sheaffer Imperial II and III also came as cartridge pens.

http://www.fountainp...r-ever-produce/
Khan M. Ilyas

#4 rowdy123

rowdy123

Give my creation life!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 21:45

It looks like something from the 1970's era, similar to the stylist pens but a lower end. Any clue if that nib is steel or palladium silver? (My guess is steel).

Hi, I believe the original Imperial II touchdown had an (unhallmarked) Palladium-silver nib (see: http://penhero.com/P...erialsEarly.htm) Was a steel Triumph type nib ever produced?

#5 rowdy123

rowdy123

Give my creation life!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 21:48

The Sheaffer Imperial II and III also came as cartridge pens.

http://www.fountainp...r-ever-produce/

Thanks for the link to the previous discussion - I'm beginning to appreciate finding this combination of the Triumph type nib with cartridge filling.

#6 enrico-italy

enrico-italy

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 November 2018 - 18:29

I also have a Sheaffer Imperial-style cartridge pen that I haven't identificated.

Mine is similar to Imperial III (or Target) but it's strange becouse it has a gold plated nib (note: it's a full gold plated nib, not bi-color).

Somebody know which pen is this?

Attached Images

• IMG_20181122_103317.jpg
  • IMG_20181126_191856.jpg

#7 mitto

mitto

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,150 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 November 2018 - 18:32

Made in Australia?
Khan M. Ilyas

#8 enrico-italy

enrico-italy

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 November 2018 - 20:07

Made in Australia?

I don't know. There's not written "Australia" anywhere. I bought that on eBay, used, and the seller only said "Vintage".

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sheaffer, cartridge, imperial

Sponsored Content

|