The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

De La Rue (Onoto) 7 Nibs

vintage onoto nibs magna

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rowdy123

rowdy123

Give my creation life!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 10:44

Hi, I was lucky enough to find a 1930's Onoto Magna which has been restored to working condition. The downside is that the fitted De la Rue No. 7 nib is a fine one with no flex and I don't find it very satisfying to write with. I'd like to know if there are replacement No.7 nibs available or alternatives used with magnas of this era.

Thanks

Onoto_1small.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Pen Dust

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,290 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 11:33

Fine looking pen, hope you get a nicer nib.

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany & https://www.peter-bo...cts/nib-systems,

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

#3 briantangent

briantangent

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 January 2019 - 16:23

To my knowledge, Magna nibs are renowned for its stiffness, but the exception is that some early monotonous #7 nibs come with slight flexibility.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vintage, onoto, nibs, magna

Sponsored Content

|