The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Is This A Valid Mb Pen? With Converter?

converter montblanc

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Lamyrada

Lamyrada

Super Witch

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 November 2018 - 16:35

I found this beautiful photo... but, is it a true MB? D8017E3E-4C28-427A-B093-9D30AA0D92DD.jpeg 9474501C-C674-44E3-8188-126CE50A1523.jpeg .

NOTE: May not upload because I am using a tablet to do this for the 1rst time.

Sponsored Content

#2 Dolganoff

Dolganoff

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 November 2018 - 18:52

Looks like one of the 22xP from the 70's, the "P" were cartridge pens.

Hooded nibs are the best

#3 Lamyrada

Lamyrada

Super Witch

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 November 2018 - 19:23

I thought there were no MB’s for carts, which is why I’m looking for one... I thought the Boheme was a good choice but 5hen saw this; but being easily faked ( some of them) for the novice, I’m afraid to buy a MB. Want to try it’s nibs with an inexpensive one first. Looking forward for Additional Information that can help me form a decision . Thanks. This is for someone that wishes to have a MB at medical fair price.

#4 Dolganoff

Dolganoff

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 November 2018 - 19:39

I've never heard of faked semi-hooded 200-series, these just aren't popular and iconic enough I guess...

Hooded nibs are the best

#5 torstar

torstar

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,249 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 19:39

I thought there were no MB’s for carts, which is why I’m looking for one... I thought the Boheme was a good choice but 5hen saw this; but being easily faked ( some of them) for the novice, I’m afraid to buy a MB. Want to try it’s nibs with an inexpensive one first. Looking forward for Additional Information that can help me form a decision . Thanks. This is for someone that wishes to have a MB at medical fair price.

Chopin

Mozart

use convertor/cartridge

a few others I'm sure

#6 Lamyrada

Lamyrada

Super Witch

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 November 2018 - 20:16

Chopin
Mozart

use convertor/cartridge

a few others I'm sure

Good to know... many thanks.

#7 Lamyrada

Lamyrada

Super Witch

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 November 2018 - 20:17

I've never heard of faked semi-hooded 200-series, these just aren't popular and iconic enough I guess...

I don’t mean this one, but the piston fillers... so that’s why we are looking for a cartridge/converter style.

#8 penparadise

penparadise

- - - - - - - - - - - -

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,645 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 November 2018 - 21:24

The pictured pen definitely is a real Montblanc. Sold quite a lot of these.  :)

Axel

Montblanc collector since 1968. Former owner of the Montblanc Boutique Bremen, retired 2007 and sold it.
Collecting Montblanc safeties, eyedroppers, lever fillers, button fillers, compressors - all from 1908 - 1929,
Montblanc ephemera and paraphernalia from 1908 to 1929,
Montblanc Meisterstück from 1924 up to the 50s,
Montblanc special and limited editions from 1991 to 2006

#9 Lamyrada

Lamyrada

Super Witch

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 November 2018 - 22:53

I have also been eyeing the Boheme and the Traveler Do they accept standard cartridges? Noticed that the boheme comes both in rhodium or gold, and it seems rhodium is not so available... but I dont like the clip detail (jewel) , love the retracting nib. The choice for this friend is beween these two. What to look for?

Edited by Lamyrada, 12 November 2018 - 22:57.

#10 Kalessin

Kalessin

Antique

• FPN Super Moderators

• 2,360 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 16:01

Before 1990, Montblanc was not exclusively a luxury pen company.  They offered student-grade pens in the Monte Rosa brand and Carrera model (the Carrera takes cartridges). They also had what might be called office-grade model lines, and when cartridges became popular during the 1960s and 1970s, they had both cartridge and piston-fill available.  Cartridge models in their office-grade line of that era  include 221P, 310S, VIP, Noblesse, Slimline (also marketed as S-Line), and then into the 1980s with the Noblesse Oblige and Generations models.  Many of these models show up on eBay.  

Lucky for fans of the brand, the Montblanc product designers originally chose to use what is now called the Standard International cartridge, because in more recent times, I suspect the company would consider a Montblanc-only cartridge to be to their advantage.

If you go to the photo dump (warning: many large images) at the following link and scroll down about halfway through the long webpage, you will find some Montblanc catalogs that show the 1970s pens that I'm talking about.  

http://pensninks1.rs...528/all_p4.html

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,
chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.
(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)

#11 allpardave

allpardave

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 November 2018 - 20:50

I had one of those, an inexpensive plastic cartridge pen, which was given to me by a German to get me hooked — I think it had a yellow body. Loved that pen, very unhappy when it was stolen. If you still have any NOS or “like new” versions I’d be seriously tempted. I don't know if it was office line or student, but he claimed it cost 7 marks. I think that was around $22.

PS> Still no idea what brand of nib is in my photo.

Edited by allpardave, 26 November 2018 - 20:50.

#12 Kalessin

Kalessin

Antique

• FPN Super Moderators

• 2,360 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 19:17

I don't have a Carrera, but they do show up on eBay a lot (though at prices a bit high for a student-grade pen).

The logo on the nib in your picture looks familiar, but I haven't quite gotten it yet.  I don't think it's Scripto or Speedball.

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,
chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.
(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: converter, montblanc

Sponsored Content

|