The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Advice On Changing Sac In A Delta Venezia Le

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Silviu

Silviu

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 November 2018 - 14:52

Hi,

I am encountering problems changing a sac in a Delta Venezia LE Lever filler I received yesterday.

I got the section out with no problems and also succeeded to extract the remains of the old dried sac.

The problem is that the nipple (with the smaller diameter) seems to perfectly fit in a second recession in the barrel, so that if you put a sac on the nipple it simply doesn't fit anymore and the section wont go back in the barrel.

I will appreciate any suggestions/help.

Thanks,

Silviu

DSC_1357.jpg DSC_1365.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Doug1426

Doug1426

Bopa

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 November 2018 - 16:58

Hmmm, only thing I can think of is perhaps there is some of the old sac still on that inside recessed part of the barrel.  If it is all removed, then maybe try a thin walled sac?

"History Teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives." Abba Eban

#3 Silviu

Silviu

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 November 2018 - 02:49

Thanks. I've made sure the sac goes in freely without the section. It seems all remnants of the old sac are out.

I'm afraid even an thin walled sac won't be enough - it's a tight fit there. A puzzle ....

#4 ralfstc

ralfstc

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 November 2018 - 01:51

Are you sure the sac fits to that nipple? Was the old one attached there? It seems to me that there is no reason the sac could not attach somewhere further up the barrel (this would allow the use of the same section for a range of filling systems).

I've never seen a Venezia, so this is a bit of a wild guess!!!!

Good luck,

Ralf

#5 Silviu

Silviu

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 November 2018 - 03:58

Hi Ralf,

The old sac was not indeed attached to the nipple when I think of it now. From my experience with vintage lever fillers the sac has to be attached to the nipple in order for ink to be sucked in. Might be they did something similar to the Waterman Ink-View? I have no idea.....

#6 ralfstc

ralfstc

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 848 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 November 2018 - 15:13

Yes, that's the sort of thing I was thinking, at least regarding positioning the sac further up the barrel. Does your pen have a blind cap that can be removed? It strikes me that there must be some way to get access to the insides, or else they wouldn't have been able to get the filler in when they made it!

Ralf

#7 Silviu

Silviu

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 November 2018 - 03:28

Hi,

No, no blind cap. Only access is through the barrel upper part.

#8 sumit

sumit

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 October 2019 - 21:12

hi,

did you get the sac changed?

I'm looking for a delta... but if it isn't possible to change the sac... i give up and i'll search another pen...

#9 fabri00

fabri00

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,187 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 October 2019 - 12:52

I do not think it is impossible to change a sac ...

#10 sumit

sumit

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 January 2020 - 08:38

I have the same problem...
Someone could help me?

#11 como

como

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 January 2020 - 08:53

I just came upon this somewhat old thread. What a strange thing. The lever fillers are some of the easiest pens to restore/maintain... Did you use a probe light (or whatever you can do) to see inside how the pressure bar is moving when you lift the lever? What's this thick black wall inside the barrel? I hope it's not an overly thick sac. I am curious. I thought about getting one of the Delta modern lever fillers too, and I thought it would be easy.  :unsure: Humm...

#12 jchch1950

jchch1950

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 819 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 09:08

Novelli pen store in Rome change the sac of my Delta Venezia. :D

#13 como

como

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 January 2020 - 09:36

That's at least one good solution! Marco is a good man  :) . I still would like to know what's the exact structure inside. Looks a bit different than a typical vintage lever filler from the photo of the barrel opening.

Novelli pen store in Rome change the sac of my Delta Venezia. :D

Sponsored Content

|