The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

An Honest, Ethical Seller On Ebay Has Been Spotted

honest seller ebay recommended

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Brianm_14

Brianm_14

Write like no one is watching

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 November 2018 - 08:23

Recently, I tried to buy a nice Parker Duofold from a seller on eBay, who goes by the name, mpcac (from Iowa).

An honest error was made and packages were switched, so I received the wrong pen. Mpcac immediately refunded my purchase price and shipping, even before we had made arrangements for me to return the item sent to me by mistake. He instead directed his efforts at retrieving the pen I wanted from the person it was mistakenly sent to. The pen, alas, already had been shipped on to India and the package had not been opened in the USA. It may or may not make it back here. The pen actually intended for India was returned by me to mpcac (at his expense) and sent on to the other buyer by mpcac. Mpcac has kept me informed of when he will have pens for sale which are similar to the Parker I had bought. I could not ask for more.

I once had a very similar experience selling two books on Amazon, and I know how hard it is to be sure everyone feels they have been treated well.

At every turn, mpcac kept me informed, and treated everyone involved in the best possible way. He's in my seller list now, and I will be watching what he has in stock, as I know the character of the man I am dealing with. His thousands of good ratings back up my experience -examine them.

(He's a retired teacher, and as a teacher myself, I prefer to let my dollars flow toward those who have given years of hard work in socially-important services. It's similar to recognizing our armed forces people.)

I just thought good -no, excellent- ethical service was worth reporting.
Brian

Sponsored Content

#2 sajiskumar

sajiskumar

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 November 2018 - 15:43

Great Seller and Great Buyer.

#3 Karmachanic

Karmachanic

Duit On Mon Dei

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 16:34

Good to hear of this light in times of increading darkness.

"Want little. Need less. Love more."

#4 crosshatch

crosshatch

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 November 2018 - 17:52

Thanks for the report. I appreciate knowing about good sellers, and they deserve some recognition.

#5 SenZen

SenZen

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,806 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 19:02

Good to hear, I've come across some of his pens.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

#6 Ghost Plane

Ghost Plane

Indescribable

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 November 2018 - 19:56

Yay! Another name to add to my list of good sellers. Thank you.

#7 AndyLogan

AndyLogan

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 November 2018 - 17:39

Thanks for the info, will definitely add him up.

"Storyteller, unfold thy words untold!"

#8 bass1193

bass1193

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 November 2018 - 17:53

I have bought at least seven pens from mpcac on eBay and can similarly attest to his being a great seller.

One time, as he was packing a striped Balance to ship to me he noticed a crack he'd missed. He sent me a very generous partial refund, which I didn't think was necessary because I'd paid practically nothing for the pen in the first place!

Another time, I bought two pens in quick succession, separately, so eBay charged separate shipping on both. I didn't even notice this, but he refunded the shipping charges.

Tl;dr he's an asset to the pen community and as honest as they come, even to his detriment!

#9 MilanKov

MilanKov

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 November 2018 - 18:11

I had bought two Eversharp Skylines from him and both pens were in better condition than he described, he also did very nice restoration on both pens, in my opinion he is one of the best sources for vintage American pens on Ebay. He also has superb shipping times.

Cheers Milan

If you win over your own stupidity then are you winner or loser? In any case it means something good.

#10 Freddy

Freddy

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,919 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 November 2018 - 18:33

Purchased from Mike back in the 90's...good man...never had any problem with purchases.

Two years ago picked up a fistful and I restored....All good.........{thumbsupthingie}..

Fred

Edited by Freddy, 11 November 2018 - 18:34.

#11 Chu8guy

Chu8guy

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 November 2018 - 03:28

Great seller !!!

#12 1nkulus

1nkulus

Thought2Papier via Ink2Pen

• Member - Gold

• 2,151 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 November 2018 - 23:19

Good to hear of this light in times of increasing darkness.

he's an asset to the pen community and as honest as they come, even to his detriment!

+1

Sellers like him definitely bring that ray of sunshine to Fleabay.

Stellar service from the OP narrative.  :thumbup:

Edited by 1nkulus, 17 November 2018 - 23:23.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: honest seller, ebay, recommended

Sponsored Content

|