New Kaweco Sport Skyline Colour "fox" Red

Flounder

I noticed a new colour in the Kaweco Skyline range on instagram, fox red. It's hard to get a sense of the tone via instagram or in the photos some retailers have (in isolation from the rest of the range, unhelpfully)! Has anyone seen these, or are they yet to be released?

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Flounder

• Kpp80202

• bbs

• Jamerelbe

My usual suspects, VANNESS & PEN CHALET both show this pen to be in their inventory "late November."

The TOP DRAWER stores I found from the Kaweco locator do not show the fox color among their Skyline choices, @ least there is an "image" of the pen @ Vanness & Pen Chalet. When I tried to locate "online" sites on the Kaweco locator, I was unsuccessful.

Well, I'll take vintage pastels over the horrific neon 90's colors that came back in the past few years.

If I had any interest at all in the skyline anymore I'd get one. I like the color. I just hate the skyline.

Edited by Honeybadgers

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

This has proven to be the only pastel recently announced that I actually like. I'd totally rock one of my fave pens in a nice terra-cotta!

Mmmm, nice! I can imagine the Montblanc Petit Prince ink going well with that.

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

Does anyone know if any online sellers will test and tune the nib before shipping one of these out to you? I’ve been burned by Kaweco’s baby bottom issue before, and don’t want to take a chance. I saw the Nibsmith does this, but it looks like this service may have been suspended.

Lamy Safari (f), Pilot MR (f), Kaweco Ice Sport (f), Lamy Aion (f), Parker 75 Ciselé (65), Platinum 3776 (m), Lamy 2000 (f), Kaweco AL Sport (f), Montblanc 146 (m)

I believe that Kaweco now source their nibs from JoWo instead of Bock (as previously) - I haven't bought I e recently so I can't comment from experience, but that should go *some* way to allaying your concerns.

Goulet Pens don't advertise pre-testing as a service, but they at least *used* to do it on request. You could try asking via their chat service?

Goulet Pens don't advertise pre-testing as a service, but they at least *used* to do it on request. You could try asking via their chat service?

Thanks for the tip! I'll give that a shot.

Lamy Safari (f), Pilot MR (f), Kaweco Ice Sport (f), Lamy Aion (f), Parker 75 Ciselé (65), Platinum 3776 (m), Lamy 2000 (f), Kaweco AL Sport (f), Montblanc 146 (m)

How does the Skyline differ from the Sport?

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

How does the Skyline differ from the Sport?

The Skyline, like the Classic Sport, is made of opaque (solid) plastic - but it's "furniture" (finial, nib and optional clip) is chrome rather than gold coloured.

Ah, thank you, Jamerelbe!

Ah, thank you, Jamerelbe!

No worries - I'm *fairly* sure I've got that right, but it doesn't hurt to check and confirm! [The ICE Sports pens also have chrome rather than gold trim - but are made from transparent or translucent plastics; likewise the AL Sports, which are (obviously) made of aluminium.]

No worries - I'm *fairly* sure I've got that right, but it doesn't hurt to check and confirm! [The ICE Sports pens also have chrome rather than gold trim - but are made from transparent or translucent plastics; likewise the AL Sports, which are (obviously) made of aluminium.]

That’s all correct based on what I’ve seen.

I believe that Kaweco now source their nibs from JoWo instead of Bock (as previously)

Another follow-up question: is there a way to tell a Bock from a JoWo nib on a Kaweco that sitting on the store shelf? Thanks!

This has proven to be the only pastel recently announced that I actually like. I'd totally rock one of my fave pens in a nice terra-cotta!

Indeed. It looks more understated than a properly bright red or orange, but not washed out or... 'nursery decor'... in the way that other pastel shades can seem. To me, anyroads. It's also a colour I really like. A good chance it'll be my first toe-dip into Kaweco pens.

31182132197_f921f7062d.jpg

Indeed. It looks more understated than a properly bright red or orange, but not washed out or... 'nursery decor'... in the way that other pastel shades can seem. To me, anyroads. It's also a colour I really like. A good chance it'll be my first toe-dip into Kaweco pens.

Yes, my thoughts exactly! I do hope you'll love it as much as I have all of mine! They're great pens once you tweak the nibs to work right, but the ones I've had since they switched from bock have all been perfect right out of the box. And honestly some of the old ones were too. Such a great design, evoking the old Sport while refreshing it for modern times. Job well done, on their part, overall 😄

• 1 month later...

I finally pulled the trigger on this colour courtesy of Cult Pens. there's quite a variation in photos of Fox Red depending on how they've been shot, so it should be interesting to see in the flesh!

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review

I posted some photos (and a review) of the Fox here: https://ukfountainpens.com/2019/01/05/kawecos-sharp-little-fox-runs-away/

I can confirm that it's a really nice colour, although very difficult to photograph! It's a proper orange, not bright, but not washed out. It genuinely does look like a fox.

The nib is definitely different to "old" Kaweco units, and I've just had an Art Sport Coral that behaves the same: they write fine, dry, and with a little tooth. Quite different to the overpolished, big-tipped nibs I've had in the past.

Hope this helps.

Anthony

ukfountainpens.com