The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Nemosine Fountain Pens On Sale

nemosine fountain pen sale discount closeout

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 PenChalet

PenChalet

Vintage

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 November 2018 - 19:22

We have discounted the Nemosine Singularity fountain pens while supplies last. These pens retail for $24.99 and are on sale for $9.99. Great starter pens, available in an assortment of great colors.

11340-AquaDemonstrator.jpg11340-AzaleaDemonstrator.jpg11340-Blueberry.jpg11340-ClearDemonstrator.jpg11340-Granite.jpg11340-MagentaDemonstrator.jpg11340-ObsidianDemonstrator.jpg11340-VelvetBlack.jpg

nemosine.jpg

image-arrow-right.gif

11340-AquaDemonstrator.jpg11340-AzaleaDemonstrator.jpg11340-Blueberry.jpg11340-ClearDemonstrator.jpg11340-Granite.jpg11340-MagentaDemonstrator.jpg11340-ObsidianDemonstrator.jpg11340-VelvetBlack.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 November 2018 - 02:58

Not a single option with either an Extra Fine or a 0.6mm Stub nib in sight, though.

Pretending that all fountain pen collectors and/or enthusiasts here are like-minded, or at least find some merit in each others' personal preferences, is misguided to say the least. Having a shared or common interest in the acquisition and use of fountain pens does not mean one thinks that any of the following qualities is essential, ideal, superior, or preferable: wetbroadflex, vintage, piston-fill, transparent, shading, sheeny, and cheap.

#3 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 November 2018 - 04:33

You can just buy the nibs separately too. The 0.8 stub and broad are great, great nibs too. Kevin's F nib runs a little on the fine side for western nibs, closer to a sailor FM.

I don't know how kevin sells these pens so cheaply with such great quality control. I have 3 singularities, one clear blue, one solid blue, and one in the lovely coral finish.

Edited by Honeybadgers, 10 November 2018 - 04:34.

#4 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• 1,650 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 November 2018 - 05:19

Not seeing any #6 replacement Extra Fine or Stub nibs being listed either.

Pretending that all fountain pen collectors and/or enthusiasts here are like-minded, or at least find some merit in each others' personal preferences, is misguided to say the least. Having a shared or common interest in the acquisition and use of fountain pens does not mean one thinks that any of the following qualities is essential, ideal, superior, or preferable: wetbroadflex, vintage, piston-fill, transparent, shading, sheeny, and cheap.

#5 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 November 2018 - 09:39

*edit* I found them on pen chalet, here. They don't have stubs, but do have the EF.

https://www.penchale...in_pen_nib.html

You're in upside-down world, so I don't know about shipping or other retailers, but you can contact kevin at nemosine directly, the nibs are also available from Goulet (who also has the singularity on heavy discount, though they're out of stock of all the discounted models) and we can find them on Amazon.

https://www.nemosine.../6-nemosine-nib

https://www.gouletpe...=11884870303787

Nemosine #5 and #6 nibs are my go-to for every replacement pen that just needs a great writing steel nib. Kevin gives every nib at least a looking over and if necessary a little tweaking before sending out.

Edited by Honeybadgers, 10 November 2018 - 09:41.

#6 Newjelan

Newjelan

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,423 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 November 2018 - 05:33

Order placed. So much for my 3 month hiatus from purchasing pen and ink supplies.

#7 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• 1,650 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:25

*edit* I found them on pen chalet, here.

Thanks!

You're in upside-down world, so I don't know about shipping or other retailers, but you can contact kevin at nemosine directly, ...‹snip›...

https://www.nemosine.../6-nemosine-nib

OK, I tried placing one item in the cart on the Nemosine site, then went to checkout, just to see how much shipping would be.

There is one shipping rate available for 2000, New South Wales, Australia.

• Priority Mail International at $ 46.08

so I don't think I'll be ordering. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying any of the well established retailers are necessarily profiteering from the shipping charges, but at US$46.08 ≈ $64 of my money, I'd prefer to buy two more Moonman M100 on AliExpress... or spend a few dollars more and get a Platinum #3776 Century 'Black in Black' with EF nib from Amazon.co.jp (¥5,699 ≈ US$49.98 at present) and tack that onto my upcoming shipment via a Japanese re-shipper at marginal cost-by-weight.

Edited by A Smug Dill, 12 November 2018 - 08:56.

#8 Drone

Drone

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 November 2018 - 00:57

Not a single option with either an Extra Fine or a 0.6mm Stub nib in sight, though.

JetPens sells the Singularity demonstrator pens for $19.95 in all nib sizes, EF through 0.8mm. That's cheaper and more convenient that buying a $9.95 pen and adding a $14.95 nib from somewhere else just to get an EF or stub nib. (This is probably the only time I've ever JetPens come out as the cheapest option.)

However, like everywhere else, JetPens is running out of Singularity pens. Is this the end of the affordable Singularity demonstrator pen? I hope not...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nemosine, fountain pen, sale, discount, closeout

Sponsored Content

|