The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Pelikan Vibrant Orange Meets Some Friends

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 mamajones

mamajones

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:33

I just got my gorgeous Pelikan M600 Vibrant Orange. So I decided to take a couple of pictures comparing it with some of my other orange fountain pens.

Behold!!

orangepen.jpg

orangepen1.jpg

orangepen2.jpg

orangepen3.jpg

orangepen4.jpg

orangepen5.jpg

Can you tell I like orange?

Sponsored Content

#2 SpecTP

SpecTP

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:40

those are so vibrant!

#3 bass1193

bass1193

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:40

I'm right there with you! Such a lovely assemblage! This will be very helpful to people who have seen the other pens decide whether this new Pelikan is the right shade for them.

Also, this lineup shows how insanely girthy that Sailor model is! "Scandalous!" the 1950's housewife said, as she clutched her pearls. Girthy in a good way, of course 😄

#4 bass1193

bass1193

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:45

On second perusal, the Edison reminds me a bit of my lovely Neponset in Emaralds on the Sun acrylic. Are the dark patches green on that pen?

#5 mamajones

mamajones

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 04:10

On second perusal, the Edison reminds me a bit of my lovely Neponset in Emaralds on the Sun acrylic. Are the dark patches green on that pen?

They are dark grey with a bit of a very dark green shading. I think the Emeralds in the Sun acrylic is generally more green. I'm not fond of the Noodler's pens (I had 2, but got rid of them), but I do like the look of that particular acrylic.

#6 bass1193

bass1193

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 November 2018 - 04:25

Grey and orange is also a killer combo! I can confirm that you're right that emeralds on the sun is decidedly green in its dark component. Also that this Noodlers pen is problematic. Had good luck with other pens from Nathan, though!

My main line of thought there was origin of material. Seems there's lots of similarity between material the pen makers use. Also seems that such a specialized trade (swirling/bobbing of liquid just so to make a usable blank) would indicate an expert producer supplying the whole market. I've tried to make a blank that has the neat blobby lava lamp quality in resin, and I don't know how they do it!

#7 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,571 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:58

Liked the Cesar and the Edison best.

Everyone says poor Mozart dead at only 36. None say poor Mendelson, dead at only 38. His family only allowed him to start at 20, but before, musicians use to come to the Mendelson garden to steal the music of Mendelson and his sister. A good artist also, can still buy prints of his famous Scottish drawings in Scotland.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany      Info on Bock nibs

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Pens/inks/paper on hold for a year....new addiction pocket watch chains. :happyberet:

#8 bbs

bbs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:58

Where were my sunglasses? Beautiful collection, thanks for sharing those pics. I particularly love your Cesar Emiliano. And the Pineider.

This tipped me over the edge to order the Pelikan. Just can't resist orange. Will line it up with my eye-scorchers here when it arrives.

And @bass1193 - Ooh, you are awful!!

#9 bass1193

bass1193

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 November 2018 - 13:05

@bbs I try 😅

#10 tbickiii

tbickiii

tbickiii

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,829 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 November 2018 - 13:48

Yes, you really should have warned us to put our sunglasses on before viewing...REALLY BRIGHT!

Thomas
Baton Rouge, LA
(tbickiii)

Check out my ebay pen listings
:
  tbickiii's Vintage Fountain Pens

#11 Barkingpig

Barkingpig

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 November 2018 - 23:38

Mamajones, 

if you don't have a pocket pen, you might consider the new Kaweco Art Sport in it's Pearl Orange acrylic.  I find it reminds me of the orange "background" of my Persimmon Swirl.

Thanks for sharing your pens; I also have a soft spot for orange, pens, their ink or my car's interior trim, for which I chose orange leather seats & door panels, with dark grey leather seat backs.

#12 JerseyGirl0807

JerseyGirl0807

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 November 2018 - 16:50

They’re all great looking pens!!
I have not failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work.
Thomas A. Edison

Sponsored Content

|