The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Giovanni Gnocchi Ink

giovanni gnocchi cork stopper floaty bits purple red

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 Barkingpig

Barkingpig

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 November 2018 - 19:27

This thread has been of interest to me since I had purchased a "lot" of inks this summer & among them were two bottles of Rubinato ink, one with the cork top & the other in one of the more traditional Rubinato short round, with 8 sided bottle & a brass lid.  Both bottles carried the G. Gnocchi reproduced labels; the larger one similar to the ink shown in the first post here.

After searching the forums, per BiggieD's suggestion, I found a post from 05 September 2009 by FPN Member, Nodge offering two bottles of the same Rubinato ink I have, "Inchiostro ANTRACENE," which identical to the label on my bottle, (probably the 75 ml, not the smallest bottle) whose similarity to the bottle discussed in this thread, caught my eye.

(I also found BiggieD's post from 04 November 2011 in "Gifted inks," when he mentions his lamented bottle discarded in the move.)   I can only say that there are probably bottles of the brown ink out there, somewhere, mine were from an Ebay listing in which the owners were "moving house" & selling all manner of things.  I bought 30 bottles of ink to acquire three of the bottles sold, of which I have only used one for pens & the other two for display,( the Rubinato bottle with the brass lid is marked "Calligrafico,"so clearly not intended for a "filled" pen.)

Sponsored Content

#42 uceroy

uceroy

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 November 2018 - 10:16

Giovanni Gnochi ink was a fountain pen ink made or marketed by F Rubinatto from the mid 90s. The bottles were stylized to look like they were old. I had the 250ml cork sealed bottle with brown ink - it was fine and the cork/wax cap never caused me any problems. I had the bottle for over 10 years and used it with multiple high value fountain pens with no issues.

I threw the bottle out in 2006 while moving and have regretted it ever since. Where did you find these? I had all but given up hope of finding a replacement for the one I threw out.

If you search the forum for gnocchi youll see my original post from Feb 2018.

I aqcuired these through a local marketplace sell from a couple that used to have a shop.
I hope you manage to find a bottle of brown! If I ever stumble across one, I'll be sure to notify you 🙂

Thank you for the additional information.

#43 Goldberg

Goldberg

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 November 2018 - 17:53

Not necessarily. I have a whole bunch which don't change color until YEARS have gone by or until I tried to do chemical washes.  It is still a wonderful find.  Thank you for sharing and for clarifying.

amberleadavis notworthy1.gif

I prostrate myself before your knowledge and the holy image:

20140326_122405.jpg

(that I've found randomly skimming through the forum)

smile.png

#44 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,597 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 November 2018 - 00:26

LOL it's much worse now.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Dark Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

#45 bass1193

bass1193

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 November 2018 - 03:45

LOL it's much worse now.

No doubt :D you should update that pic every quarter!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: giovanni gnocchi, cork stopper, floaty bits, purple, red

Sponsored Content

|