The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Weird Stains “Under The Skin” (M805 Stresemann)

pelikan ink stain stresemann m800 demonstrator

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Comapedrosa

Comapedrosa

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 November 2018 - 23:49

Hi, I was pretty happy with my new Pelikan M805 Stresemann (my second M800 - I couldn't resist the grey stripes!!). But very unfortunately it has developed some nasty stains, apparently *within* the walls of the barrel.

I've attached a photo that shows the problem. This is a *completely full* pen. If they were regular ink stains, then I don't think that they would be visible with a filled barrel. This is only the 3rd time I've ever filled the pen. And the only ink I've ever used is Aurora Black!!! Weirdly the ink seems to creep up in the celluloid material..? You can see that especially at the base of the barrel, where it meets the black section. Frustrating... I got the pen for a good price from Cult Pens, and did email them about this, but have never gotten any response.

Would much appreciate your advice! Has anyone ever witnessed anything similar?

Attached Images

• 3152C35F-F7C4-4536-9208-58CFBF220FA9.jpeg

Edited by Comapedrosa, 07 November 2018 - 00:02.

Sponsored Content

#2 zaddick

zaddick

BROADside Ambassador

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,982 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 November 2018 - 00:40

Either your pen has a cracked you can't see in the section letti g ink seep out or you really dip your pen far into an ink bottle to fill. The celluloid is just a sleeve.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

#3 Comapedrosa

Comapedrosa

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 November 2018 - 00:57

humm, thanks for the quick response zaddick. Even if i had dipped it THAT far down, where does the stain 1/3 up the barrel come from?

Do you think there's any way to clean/fix this?

#4 zaddick

zaddick

BROADside Ambassador

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,982 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 November 2018 - 01:21

It's possible capillary action would draw it up, then partially dry so it is a separate section. But I am guessing it is a defect in the body of the pen or the connection with the section letting ink to the space behind the celluloid binde.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

#5 Comapedrosa

Comapedrosa

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 November 2018 - 01:45

Arrrgggg  :bawl:

#6 Lam1

Lam1

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 November 2018 - 03:32

Contact Pelikan Germany.

It may take some persistence to get them to answer, but in the end they will fix it for you (for free).

#7 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Pen Dust

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,551 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 20:20

If under warrantee, Chartpack ..the Pelikan distributor/repair in the States should do so, but if they mention $, go Pelikan Hanover.

Chartpack does not have a good name here....if the pen is not still under warrantee.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson, 07 November 2018 - 20:20.

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany & https://www.peter-bo...cts/nib-systems,

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

#8 sirgilbert357

sirgilbert357

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,690 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 November 2018 - 20:57

He bought the pen from Cult Pens, so Chartpak probably won't honor the warranty. I'd go straight to Pelikan Germany. They are just going to give you a new pen barrel. I'd ask if you can keep the nib in your possession so you don't chance it getting swapped out too by accident (especially if you like the way it writes).

Edit: I'd email Cult Pens again...and again. They will respond eventually; probably just a fluke that you haven't heard back yet.

Edited by sirgilbert357, 09 November 2018 - 20:59.

#9 Comapedrosa

Comapedrosa

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 November 2018 - 21:48

CultPen just reaponded and invited me to send them the fountain pen. Will do that and take if from there (all the cost savings from buying from them will probably go away in shipping...)

#10 MCN

MCN

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 November 2018 - 02:23

There’s a pretty good chance Cult Pens will refund your shipping costs. They did so for me in a similar situation.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pelikan, ink stain, stresemann, m800, demonstrator

Sponsored Content

|