The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Just Received The Pilot 100Th Anniversary Meiji-Maru

pilot anniversary 100th maki-e meiji-maru namiki

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 rudyhou

rudyhou

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 November 2018 - 09:35

congrats on your LE Pilot fp  :thumbup:

-rudy-

Sponsored Content

#22 Sidd

Sidd

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 09:22

Congratulations! What a beautiful pen! I will be able to have one this week in Japan. Why can you have the pen so early?
rokurinpapa

Oh that's strange! I guess the retailers received the pens based on Pilot regional offices? 

Congrats on getting the pen. Hope you enjoy using it :) 

#23 Mulrich

Mulrich

Modern Vintage

• Member - Gold

• 1,625 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 16:48

I really like this pen and debated whether I should purchase it or not. I eventually decided no but am I afraid I'll regret that choice. I'm betting this is one of a few pens that will hold its value overtime. 

#24 PAKMAN

PAKMAN

Say that again, I have a pen here somewhere...

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,089 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 November 2018 - 17:08

Beautiful, Congrats!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif             fpn_1321906507__vanness_sign.jpg 

My Favorite Pen Restorer                            My favorite Brick and Mortar              

now selling online!

#25 Sidd

Sidd

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:15

Thank you all :) 

#26 alanshutko

alanshutko

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 November 2018 - 02:34

Finally retailers in the US are starting to get it and mine is locked in! The pictures and discussion in this thread really sold me on it.

#27 bass1193

bass1193

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 November 2018 - 05:01

Finally retailers in the US are starting to get it and mine is locked in! The pictures and discussion in this thread really sold me on it.

Very nice! Hope you enjoy it as much as OP did 😄

#28 rokurinpapa

rokurinpapa

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 November 2018 - 02:46

I received the 100th pen at last !  Almost sold out in Japan. Only 800 pens all over the world. Already phantasmal pen?  

rokurinpapa

#29 falarcon

falarcon

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 November 2018 - 04:33

Managed to get one from US dealer and should get it next week!
In use today: MB Blue Hour Le Grande, Conid Bulkfiller FPR, MB Heritage 1912 rollerball and Sheaffer OS Autograph Balance in Marine Green.

#30 Sidd

Sidd

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 11:34

Great to hear so many of you purchased it! 

Please do share photos and writing samples. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. 

Pilot nibs are usually fantastic anyway and I find this one to be even smoother. 

P.S. - I'm slightly biased as I quite like this pen ;) 

#31 alanshutko

alanshutko

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 November 2018 - 03:34

Mine arrived today! It is phenomenal. Pics will need to wait until I can break out the real camera. I didn't think to check which number I got on the little metal plaque, but I am absolutely in love.  Something I didn't realize from the pics is the pen is distinctly blue, not black as it can appear in some pics. The section is colored to match the body, but I think it's plastic, not urushi.  (Some websites seem to have shots with the section black, maybe they were advance photos before release?). The feed approximately matches the blue.  The pen uses Togidashi-Taka Maki-e (polished raised maki-e) which is nor normally in the Yukari line,  

#32 Morphling27

Morphling27

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 21:04

Ship design is appropriate for Pilot.

I mean... I might normally agree, but there's you know... that company, Sailor.  With an anchor.  But a ship does need a pilot so... 

#33 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,423 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 December 2018 - 05:50

Work of (bleep) art. This is the epitome of fountain pen design, not some $4,000,000 Mont Blanc encrusted with gaudy diamonds.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

#34 Sidd

Sidd

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 08:47

Mine arrived today! It is phenomenal. Pics will need to wait until I can break out the real camera. I didn't think to check which number I got on the little metal plaque, but I am absolutely in love.  Something I didn't realize from the pics is the pen is distinctly blue, not black as it can appear in some pics. The section is colored to match the body, but I think it's plastic, not urushi.  (Some websites seem to have shots with the section black, maybe they were advance photos before release?). The feed approximately matches the blue.  The pen uses Togidashi-Taka Maki-e (polished raised maki-e) which is nor normally in the Yukari line,  

Agree the photos don't do justice to this design. The section is same colour as the body, but as you said, I do think it is plastic. 

Togidashi-Taka Maki-e on the Yukari line is not common, probably a special just for 100th anniversary. Or their intention to release new Yukari models. Anyway, I think its priced very well given the Maki-e work. 

#35 jandrese

jandrese

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 13:36

I mean... I might normally agree, but there's you know... that company, Sailor.  With an anchor.  But a ship does need a pilot so... 

I believe it is the ship the company founders served on. They were educated mariners. Mine is in the mail. Really looking forward to this special pen.

#36 RexG

RexG

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 December 2018 - 17:42

I'm not normally attracted to beautiful pens, but this is exquisite.

#37 mke

mke

Read my lips: No more (pens/inks/paper)

• Member - Gold

• 2,106 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 21:23

> I believe it is the ship the company founders served on.

Pilot seems to become a new religion. Buy 10 memorabilia and you get a blessing by the founders grand-grand children.

#38 John-XXII

John-XXII

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 March 2019 - 12:18

What a fantastic piece!

Namiki Yukari Maki-e Zodiac Horse 1st edition, by Masaru Hayashi 林胜 | Namiki Yukari Royale Vermillon Urushi No. 20 | Namiki Nippon Art Maki-e Plum Blossom | Pelikan M1000 | Montblanc  WE 2015 Leo Tolstoy LE | Montblanc WE 2007 William Faulkner LE | Montblanc WE 2004 Franz Kafka LE | Montblanc POA 2018 Homage to Ludwig II LE 4810 | Montblanc POA Joseph II 2012 LE 4810 | Montblanc 146 75th Anniversary SE | Montblanc 100 Years Anniversary LE | Montblanc Meisterstück Great Masters James Purdey & Sons SE | Montblanc 118232 Heritage Collection Rouge et Noir Spider Metamorphosis SE Coral | Montblanc Starwalker Platinum 08482 | Montblanc 10575 Meisterstück Gold 149 | Montblanc 114229 Meisterstück Platinum 149 | Montblanc 111043 John F. Kennedy LE 1917 Rollerball | Montblanc 116258 The Beatles SE Ballpoint | Montblanc 114723 Heritage Collection Rouge et Noir SE Rollerball | Montblanc Meisterstück Platinum-Coated Classique Ballpoint |

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pilot, anniversary, 100th, maki-e, meiji-maru, namiki

Sponsored Content

|