Ink Recommendation

aandrews

Greetings,

I need a recommendation for an ink as fantastic as Noodler's X Feather (in my estimation), but blue or blue-black.

Edited by aandrews

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bo Bo Olson

• aandrews

• Tasmith

• Lomi

Pelikan BB has a world wide reputation, but not knowing if you are in the States, where it is not available because of the US government, you would have to special order it from Germany, if so get Lamy BB also...it impressed me a good deal, also.

How ever the very best BB is ESSR, ordered in a 110ml plastic bottle from England. We had a 40 page thread :yikes: :yikes: on that ink, I called it 'sneaky', Sandy1, our Ink Guru called it 'mischievous',

It is an ink, that does many different things on different papers. On some papers you can watch it turn from blue to black with in seconds.

A good blue black ink will change it's color with in a day, according to Richard Binder, a not retired, major nibmeister and noted repairman. I ran a 17 pen of varying width and flex, on some 17 papers, and had many that took days or up to a week to change and one that it didn't change at all. (That was lost on Ransombucket.

Many people rate ESSR higher than Diamine Register ink..........ESSR is a register ink; also.

I believe it originally belonged to the once huge & ancient Stephens ink company that was bought up by a conglomerate quite a while back, closed down immediately and sold/plundered for the factory's property location.

One of the managers managed to get the wooden BB ink vat and BB formula as part of his settlement. Saving that ink for us. It is not expensive....forget exactly how much but was not only affordable but mailing it across the Pond didn't break the bank. Otherwise we'd never gotten 40 pages of interest..........40 pages may be the longest thread ever here....if not well in the running.

Do look it up............

Waterman BB ink is a very safe ink, like all Waterman inks.

I do not chase nor collect BB inks, why I have 8-9 is beyond me. :doh:

Living in Germany Noodler's is expensive foreign ink. :unsure:

My two bottles, Apache Sunset and Golden Brown I had delivered to my motel in the states by Gulett(sp), in mailing overseas from the states if very, very $$$$. Not so from Europe to the States.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

why to copy threads? https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/340974-ink-recommendation/

Living in Germany Noodler's is expensive foreign ink. :unsure:

My two bottles, Apache Sunset and Golden Brown I had delivered to my motel in the states by Gulett(sp), in mailing overseas from the states if very, very $$$$. Not so from Europe to the States.

did you tried to look there http://pengallery.com.my/ and there https://www.stickerrificstore.com/search?q=noodlers ? they are both in Malaysia (no affiliation with them or anything)
and they both have Noodler's ink, to Russia for example their delivery isn't that pricy, depends alot on weight only.

Edited by Lomarion

http://pengallery.com.my/

Thanks, so Noodlers is an euro cheaper than Pelikan Edelstein.(Now real affordable vs MB.)

The Azure has long been on my wish list. Perhaps one or two others. Got to chase his shading inks; so will have to ask in Inky Thoughts.

MB just priced it's self out of my range at E19. I'd bought it at 12-13 a decade ago, and then 14 & 15 and a jump from that to 19 a huge one. I'd bought some of the then E-16 or + small bottles of LE inks. But if the regular bottle has jumped that much, the LE's will too...........not counting the E60 or so ancient style rippoff they are pushing this year.

I seldom....like once only, bought an ink for more than E20. GvFC Moss Green....a nice ink.

One of the things that keep me away from Japanese inks is the E22 or so....way down from E70 before Amazon.

C'dA and Faber-Castel are out of my range.

DA had been climbing up also.....R&K have been stable.

I wanted to get my 100 basic mainland Europe inks, before chasing the 2-300 Diamine inks.

Living in the Golden Age of Inks, with out the gold. :(

Chasing 'silver' watch chains, the rest of the year........for my 'silver' pocket watches, and I have to kill off a couple more bottles of ink, before looking for more.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Rohrer & Klingner Salix is daily use ink. It's iron gall, a little on the dry side but very well behaved and writes on almost any paper surface, even glossy surfaces. Affordable at $12 for a 50ml bottle.

https://andersonpens.com/ink/rohrer-klingner/bottled-ink/

I have a fondness for Aurora Black and Blue-Black and usually keep one or the other of those in my Lamy 2k. It's very wet ink and quite slippery with no feathering or bleed issues on Rhodia paper.

I don't use black ink, still have a decade old half a bottle of Pelikan black...then pre Noodlers the second best black ink behind Aurora...............I'd get a bottle of Aurora Black just to say I had it.

*** If you use Pelikan Black with an EF or XXF nib on poor paper, it will be gray..........so don't use poor paper and complain.

Pelikan ink was designed back in the Golden Age of Paper.........where even the cheap stuff had good coating.

Back when I was a ball point barbarian, I'd not spent beer money on paper. I discovered the 12 page remains of a cheap paper pad, in my bond paper...................the "best" paper I have.......too bad there is no watermark to chase it down.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson