The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Rohrer & Klingner Aubergine (2018 Limited Edition)

r&k aubergine purple limited rohrer klingner

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#41 lapis

lapis

medium rare

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,260 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:30

The crassest names for any certain ink color of any certain ink brand are like "blue", "red", better yet "brown"......    :lticaptd:  :lticaptd: :lticaptd:.......

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Sponsored Content

#42 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:03

The crassest names for any certain ink color of any certain ink brand are like "blue", "red", better yet "brown"...... 

Hell no.

I always wanted to have my own line of inks, (wall) paints, nail polish, etc. with names like Cadaver Grey, Mucus Green, Urine Yellow, Morning Pee Ochre, Carrot Chunks Shimmer, etc.

A discussion about objects, techniques and applications should not be a contest of personal values. Your values mean nothing to me and require naught from me, and I'll gladly assume my values equally mean nothing to you and do not impose on you in any way; my dissenting views do not oppress your personal views, when neither of us can claim to represent the majority position or consensus, or speak on behalf of the community of fountain pen hobbyists worldwide. Let's treat each other with due respect prescribed by some entity bigger than either of us without our input and just offer our sentimental opinions of no particular standing with anyone else, without trying to control the narrative, or demand moral support and/or solidarity from others as consumers and users.

#43 migo984

migo984

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,709 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:20

I always wanted to have my own line of inks, (wall) paints, nail polish, etc. with names like Cadaver Grey, Mucus Green, Urine Yellow, Morning Pee Ochre, Carrot Chunks Shimmer, etc.

I’d buy ‘em! :-)

Verba volant, scripta manent

#44 lapis

lapis

medium rare

• FPN Super Moderators

• 12,260 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 November 2018 - 11:33

I’d buy ‘em! :-)

Sure, but then what would you use 'em for?

#45 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• 2,355 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 November 2018 - 13:05

Sure, but then what would you use 'em for?

Drawing? Co-razy-views?
A discussion about objects, techniques and applications should not be a contest of personal values. Your values mean nothing to me and require naught from me, and I'll gladly assume my values equally mean nothing to you and do not impose on you in any way; my dissenting views do not oppress your personal views, when neither of us can claim to represent the majority position or consensus, or speak on behalf of the community of fountain pen hobbyists worldwide. Let's treat each other with due respect prescribed by some entity bigger than either of us without our input and just offer our sentimental opinions of no particular standing with anyone else, without trying to control the narrative, or demand moral support and/or solidarity from others as consumers and users.

#46 Astron

Astron

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 November 2018 - 16:21

Drawing? Co-razy-views?

Painting pathogen peeing persons.

#47 white_lotus

white_lotus

Caution: Absinthe Distiller with Ink

• 2,594 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 November 2018 - 20:25

Got an email notice a little while ago that Vanness has the R&K Aubergine LE in stock. I've ordered my bottle. Looking forward to it.

#48 namrehsnoom

namrehsnoom

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 November 2018 - 20:58

Cool review of a cool colour. Shame that it’s such a limited number that they produce.

#49 migo984

migo984

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,709 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 19:19

Thanks! :D I just finished packing them. I'll post them tomorrow.

Happy to report that they arrived safely today. Thank you for your excellent service :-)

Verba volant, scripta manent

#50 ca49reber

ca49reber

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 November 2018 - 23:05

Mine arrived today from Vanness.

#51 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,016 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 November 2018 - 05:15

OO Very pretty

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Participate in the newest Inky TODs: 

Why do I like those nibs? 

What do I like about my handwriting? 

Whose handwriting do I like?  

Which Script Will I learn? 

Which Inks for my Handwriting

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal

#52 ErrantSmudge

ErrantSmudge

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,181 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 November 2018 - 05:43

But I love the R&K ink names!

Seriously. Who can’t love “Fernambuk”, “Smaragdgrün”, or “Scabiosa”?

#53 penzel_washinkton

penzel_washinkton

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 853 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 November 2018 - 11:53

Seriously. Who can’t love “Fernambuk”, “Smaragdgrün”, or “Scabiosa”?

Don't forget the legendary Alt-Goldgrun

#54 jmccarty3

jmccarty3

There is no "c" in Sheaffer

• Member - Gold

• 4,271 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 November 2018 - 03:07

Alt-Goldgrün is the perfect ink for a white tortoise M400 or vermeil gold tortoise M450. There have been a lot of green inks appearing on the scene recently, but Alt-Goldgrün is still the best.

Now if Pelikan would just indulge us with an M650 vermeil gold tortoise . . .

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

#55 lapis

lapis

medium rare

• FPN Super Moderators

• 12,260 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 November 2018 - 09:38

Well, not tryin' to be a smart alec but then there's always the good ol' M900....

Alec

#56 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Pen Dust

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,195 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 21:13

Thanks for the like Lapis, there is the Aubergine and a green I'd like to add to my R&K selection of 6-7 bottles.

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany & https://www.peter-bo...cts/nib-systems,

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

#57 lapis

lapis

medium rare

• FPN Super Moderators

• 12,260 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 November 2018 - 21:37

Considering the price of a good ol' 50-ml standard R&K ink (3.99 Euros) or even today's LE R&K (8.88) this company's ink should be bought before they (R&K) raise their prices....

#58 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• 2,355 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 November 2018 - 22:13

... even today's LE R&K (8.88) this company's ink should be bought before they (R&K) raise their prices....

You talked me into it.  :blush:  

Originally I'd already lost interest in acquiring this ink, but just now because of your post, I did a search in my mail app for 'rohrer' to see how much I paid (answer: €2.98, after discounts and VAT excluded) each for the R&K inks I bought from LCdC over Fountain Pen Day weekend, and was surprised to see LCdC's latest newsletter came up in the search – it's now carrying R&K Aubergine! Given that there are a bunch of outstanding items it has yet to ship to me from my FPD orders, I have ordered three bottles of this ink, to add to the next shipment effectively free of delivery charges. Net expense: €8.11 a bottle, or about $38 all up, as opposed to $83 delivered if I were to order three bottles from a local stockist.

#59 Pensei

Pensei

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 November 2018 - 21:52

Looks like very nice ink, and I ordered some against my no-more-ink pledge, but how "limited" is 2000 bottles of an ink from R&K? Do they sell more than that of, say, Leipziger Schwarz? At any rate, I think they make fine ink at a good price. Just curious.

Edited by Pensei, 15 November 2018 - 21:53.

#60 lapis

lapis

medium rare

• FPN Super Moderators

• 12,260 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 November 2018 - 22:07

Looks like very nice ink, and I ordered some against my no-more-ink pledge, but how "limited" is 2000 bottles of an ink from R&K? Do they sell more than that of, say, Leipziger Schwarz? At any rate, I think they make fine ink at a good price. Just curious.

Getting back to considering what a new MB Elixir Parfumeur costs, you could get 17 and a half bottles of any of the 20 R&K standards for the same price instead.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: r&k, aubergine, purple, limited, rohrer, klingner

Sponsored Content

|