FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Posted 02 November 2018 - 11:52
I am in Tokyo now and I am looking for a Sailor quality pen.
Do you know where is the best store in Tokyo to buy a Sailor pen?
Posted 02 November 2018 - 12:33
There are a number.
Kingdom Note in Shinjuku should have quite a few.
Itoya on Ginza.
Maruzen. Both stores in central Tokyo.
What are you looking for?
Formerly Ryojusen Pens
The oldest and largest buyer and seller of vintage Japanese pens in America.
Member: Pen Collectors of America & Fuente, THE Japanese Pen Collectors Club
Posted 02 November 2018 - 13:55
Itoya (Ginza) will have the largest selection; BunguBox (Aoyama) has some LEs available (I was there a few days ago); Kingdom Note (Shunjuku) has some usually.
Posted 02 November 2018 - 16:42
Posted 04 November 2018 - 01:53
I was recently in Itoya (Ginza). They have a large Sailor selection including some pens I never knew existed and I've been around the block as it were.
Posted 04 November 2018 - 08:47
There is no best store for Sailor pens. Most big pen shops, especially Itoya, have all Sailors available - so you can try to find your suitable pen model.
But Sailor itself has a very limited number of colors - see here what they have:
Colored pens are usually order-made by Sailor for stationary shops or pen shops. But there is no overview which color and which model apart from those directly made by Sailor are available - and where.
You need to look around on the internet. Some are only available on Ebay shops, some have real online stores, some are not available for international trade, some exist only in US - it is a big mess.
But first choose a model you like and then check the internet for the color you like - you might have to wait until one comes out that you would like to absolutely have.
Good luck anyway.
Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: japan, sailor
Regional Focus →
Japan - Asia →
Writing Instruments →
Fountain & Dip Pens - First Stop →
The Market Place →
Market Watch →
Inks, Inc. →
Ink Reviews →
Inks, Inc. →
Ink Reviews →