Rotring 800+ 0.7Mm Pencil + Stylus $30 Us Only

stevesurf

Hi folks, I am not affiliated with this eBay supplier, I am just a satisfied customer. Just took delivery of two of these wonderful, retractable pencils, made in Japan, all metal outer, almost all metal inner, in new Rotring boxes. Amazing pencils - perfect size and now I can wear gloves w/my smartphone :thumbup:

These do not exhibit any looseness or pencil feed jitter that some folks were reporting with the 800. The lowest price I have seen is $48 - remember this is the 800+ that gets you a really smooth tipped stylus in the shape of a mini doughnut. It works well for digital writing. I even use mine with UNI nano red colored lead for markup.

Here's the listing!

s-l1600.jpg

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stevesurf

• Honeybadgers

• amberleadavis

• PensandPencilsDotNet

Very nice!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I recently got an 800 in 0.5 along with my 600 and I have to say I don't love it. it's just bulky enough that it doesn't feel like a precise surgical instrument like the 600 does. it feels kind of like a big heavy toy with the retractable tip.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

I recently got an 800 in 0.5 along with my 600 and I have to say I don't love it. it's just bulky enough that it doesn't feel like a precise surgical instrument like the 600 does. it feels kind of like a big heavy toy with the retractable tip.

Are you perhaps thinking about the initial "sponginess" that everyone goes through on the 800 until the spring breaks in?

The 800 is essentially the modern 600 in size and weight. Keep in mind the original all brass 600's were heavier than both modern 600 and 800s. It's the Rapid Pro that weighs nearly twice as much as 600 or 800.

The interesting thing I have found with the 800+ is the capacitive tip is so great with both IOS and Android menus that I'm using it all the time when I am not using voice commands.

At a price that is more than 50% off, you get a pocket friendly pencil that lets you summon a Lyft while keeping your gloves on :)

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Paris | Venezia

I am used to using my hands in the rain as a paramedic. The stylus is irrelevant to me. I'm referring to the thickness. It's just not quite right compared to the modern 600.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

• 2 weeks later...

If someone is looking for the 0.5 they are available on Amazon at this link https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00J2RT058 for about $32

That is an awesome deal - many thanks!

BTW, I've been using these with colored leads - here's the 0.7s:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DHCTPT9/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

71tbouZ1OBL._SL1500_.jpg

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Paris | Venezia

• 1 month later...

Just a friendly note, the 800 is a well made mechanical pencil but has changed a bit from the original 600G. One of the notable changes was the tip opening diameter. It is a little larger now with the 800 and thus there's some detectable side-to-side movement (what some people refer to as "tip wobble").

rOtring-600G-800_tip-dia.jpg

Yet, all is not lost. You can use simple clear tape, carefully cut and applied, to "close the gap" and make the tip very sturdy.

rOtring-800-tip-wobble.jpg

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small