The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Rotring 800+ 0.7Mm Pencil + Stylus $30 Us Only

mechanical pencil digital stylus

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 stevesurf

stevesurf

Needing a Sabbatical

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 November 2018 - 21:27

Hi folks, I am not affiliated with this eBay supplier, I am just a satisfied customer.  Just took delivery of two of these wonderful, retractable pencils, made in Japan, all metal outer, almost all metal inner, in new Rotring boxes.  Amazing pencils - perfect size and now I can wear gloves w/my smartphone  :thumbup:

These do not exhibit any looseness or pencil feed jitter that some folks were reporting with the 800.  The lowest price I have seen is $48 - remember this is the 800+ that gets you a really smooth tipped stylus in the shape of a mini doughnut.  It works well for digital writing.  I even use mine with UNI nano red colored lead for markup.

Here's the listing!

s-l1600.jpg

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

Sponsored Content

#2 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,059 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 November 2018 - 04:12

Very nice!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Participate in the newest Inky TODs: 

Why do I like those nibs? 

What do I like about my handwriting? 

Whose handwriting do I like?  

Which Script Will I learn? 

Which Inks for my Handwriting

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal

#3 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 November 2018 - 05:38

I recently got an 800 in 0.5 along with my 600 and I have to say I don't love it. it's just bulky enough that it doesn't feel like a precise surgical instrument like the 600 does. it feels kind of like a big heavy toy with the retractable tip. 

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

#4 stevesurf

stevesurf

Needing a Sabbatical

• 1,475 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 November 2018 - 19:57

I recently got an 800 in 0.5 along with my 600 and I have to say I don't love it. it's just bulky enough that it doesn't feel like a precise surgical instrument like the 600 does. it feels kind of like a big heavy toy with the retractable tip. 

Are you perhaps thinking about the initial "sponginess" that everyone goes through on the 800 until the spring breaks in?

The 800 is essentially the modern 600 in size and weight.  Keep in mind the original all brass 600's were heavier than both modern 600 and 800s.  It's the Rapid Pro that weighs nearly twice as much as 600 or 800.

The interesting thing I have found with the 800+ is the capacitive tip is so great with both IOS and Android menus that I'm using it all the time when I am not using voice commands.

At a price that is more than 50% off, you get a pocket friendly pencil that lets you summon a Lyft while keeping your gloves on :)

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Paris | Venezia

#5 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 November 2018 - 10:18

I am used to using my hands in the rain as a paramedic. The stylus is irrelevant to me. I'm referring to the thickness. It's just not quite right compared to the modern 600.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

#6 PensandPencilsDotNet

PensandPencilsDotNet

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 November 2018 - 18:51

If someone is looking for the 0.5 they are available on Amazon at this link https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00J2RT058 for about $32

The Fountain Pen is Mightier Than the Sword, Ballpoint? Not so sure!  :)

www.PensAndPencils.Net

https://twitter.com/PenPencilNet

#7 stevesurf

stevesurf

Needing a Sabbatical

• 1,475 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 November 2018 - 05:17

If someone is looking for the 0.5 they are available on Amazon at this link https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00J2RT058 for about $32

That is an awesome deal - many thanks!

BTW, I've been using these with colored leads - here's the 0.7s:

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

71tbouZ1OBL._SL1500_.jpg

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Paris | Venezia

#8 MYU

MYU

... The key to it all is Capillary Action! ...

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,646 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 December 2018 - 16:59

Just a friendly note, the 800 is a well made mechanical pencil but has changed a bit from the original 600G.  One of the notable changes was the tip opening diameter.  It is a little larger now with the 800 and thus there's some detectable side-to-side movement (what some people refer to as "tip wobble").

rOtring-600G-800_tip-dia.jpg

Yet, all is not lost.  You can use simple clear tape, carefully cut and applied, to "close the gap" and make the tip very sturdy.

rOtring-800-tip-wobble.jpg

[MYU's Pen Review Corner]   |   "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mechanical pencil, digital stylus

Sponsored Content

|