Hi From Pakistan

stanislem

Hi everyone,

I am from the city of Pindi, Pakistan. My board-name 'stanislem' represents one of my favoritssci-fi writers, Stanislaw Lem.

I saw a Lamy Safari all black at a local shop and bought it. That was before i knew its name. But, since then I've caught the bug. Thus you find me here. I like to write and fountain pens are a natural fit.

However, I know no one who is also into fountain pens. I would like to get into contact with other people with the fountain pen obsession.

Also, if there's someone who can guide me where to procure more pens and other writing supplies here in Pindi, I would appreciate that a lot.

Thanks for having me here.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MBDostoevsky

• mitto

• stanislem

• Wahl

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi - welcome to the FPN from London - hope you enjoy your time here ........ am sure there are others here who will reply in more detail to your questions. :)

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Hello and welcome to FPN.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Welcome to FPN! I wonder, are there Pakistani fountain pens that we need to know about?

Erick

Using right now:

Visconti Voyager 30 "M" nib running Birmingham Streetcar

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Stipula Adagio "F" nib running Birmingham Violet Sea Snail

Pelikan M1000 "F" nib running Birmingham Sugar Kelp

Hello and welcome to FPN, from Cape Town, South Africa.

To sit at one's table on a sunny morning, with four clear hours of uninterruptible security, plenty of nice white paper, and a [fountain] pen - that is true happiness!

- Winston Churchill

Hello. Greetings and welcome to FPN from Islamabad - the Capital. Hope you enjoy your time here with us. What kind of pens would you like to have? I am into vintage pens and have quite a sizable collection. Hope we meet sometime soon.

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

:W2FPN:

Pindi = Rawalpindi ?

Yes Rawalpindi is often called just 'Pindi' by the local residents.

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

Hello and welcome to FPN from the rainy deserts of Saudi Arabia...

Good to see that you are from Pindi, as I am from your next door neighboring city, Islamabad... There aren't much (visible) fountain pen collectors that I know of in Pakistan... but I am sure mitto will introduce you to some...

I applaud your enthusiasm for Fountain pens and I wish that your interest grows... try all sorts of fountain pens, the experience is exhilarating, no matter how small or big, cheap or expensive the pen is, it is always an experience to use it...

If your profession requires you to write profusely, switch pens after a while and/or develop the habit of writing journals every day... starters (like myself) usually face challenges of continuing their interest in FPs because they dont have opportunities to write... therefore it is better to create opportunities and develop the habit of fountain pens more...

Not too many variety available at the outset... usual run of the mill pens available almost everywhere in bookshops across Pindi/Islamabad. For vintage, you have to scavenge a bit and know the right places/people who can source vintage pens for you... i am in my early stages like you, therefore nothing to show much... check out local manufacturers... you might be surprised by a few good ones...

And lastly, this forum is a great place to build awareness and ask questions, very serious experts to rookies like me... you will get all the help you need !

Best

Edited by MBDostoevsky

:W2FPN:

Pindi = Rawalpindi ?

Yes, Wahl, I did mean Rawalpindi :)

Yes Rawalpindi is often called just 'Pindi' by the local residents.

As Mr. Khan mentioned, we often call it just Pindi.

Hello and welcome to FPN from the rainy deserts of Saudi Arabia...

Good to see that you are from Pindi, as I am from your next door neighboring city, Islamabad... There aren't much (visible) fountain pen collectors that I know of in Pakistan... but I am sure mitto will introduce you to some...

I applaud your enthusiasm for Fountain pens and I wish that your interest grows... try all sorts of fountain pens, the experience is exhilarating, no matter how small or big, cheap or expensive the pen is, it is always an experience to use it...

If your profession requires you to write profusely, switch pens after a while and/or develop the habit of writing journals every day... starters (like myself) usually face challenges of continuing their interest in FPs because they dont have opportunities to write... therefore it is better to create opportunities and develop the habit of fountain pens more...

Not too many variety available at the outset... usual run of the mill pens available almost everywhere in bookshops across Pindi/Islamabad. For vintage, you have to scavenge a bit and know the right places/people who can source vintage pens for you... i am in my early stages like you, therefore nothing to show much... check out local manufacturers... you might be surprised by a few good ones...

And lastly, this forum is a great place to build awareness and ask questions, very serious experts to rookies like me... you will get all the help you need !

Best

Thank you for the welcome,

I do tend to write a lot, and writing with fountain pens has been a blast as I prefer writing by hand. I am also just beginning. I am planning to buy a pilot metropolitan.

P.S. I like your username as Dostoyevsky is an all time favorite of mine.

I am planning to buy a pilot metropolitan.

Good.. I have one with a 1.0 mm stub nib... can't find it at the moment... must be hiding somewhere.

I bought two Metros from Durranis in Super Market, Islamabad for Rs.1050 each and gifted both to new FP convert friends.

Khan M. Ilyas

I bought two Metros from Durranis in Super Market, Islamabad for Rs.1050 each and gifted both to new FP convert friends.

Where is my gift? :)