The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Studio Flaverse: The Witches - Medusa (By 3Oysters)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lgsoltek

Lgsoltek

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,399 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 October 2018 - 10:06

Fellow FPN-er inkantadora (who regularly organises Paris pen meets) discovered sometime ago that the Korean fountain pen ink maker 3Oysters created a collection for the Korean art collective Studio Flaverse. These inks were created to complement an art collection inspired by the “witches” of Greek mythology. Studio Flaverse was inspired by the darker side of the stories of Hera, Pandora, Medusa and Arachne. She was fascinated by the concept and the inks, so she got in touch with Studio Flaverse and was sent a set of four inks for review purpose. These inks were (or will be?) part of a Korean kickstarter campaign (Tumblbug). Many thanks to Inkantadora who kindly shared samples of these inks with me to try. (Introductory text above adapted from inkantadora's Instagram page with her consent. Click the above link for a photo of the artwork and bottles of these inks.)

I've reviewed Pandora here and Hera here.

Medusa is one of those blue-leaning green inks that should appeal to many but not me. Just not my kind of green.

It shows a red sheen on Col-o-ring splash cards (thanks HalloweenHJB!) but not really visible in writing on Rhodia paper. It's kind of noticeable on Tomoe River but not overtly so. This ink writes very wet and smooth. It's somewhat water resistant.

Splash

fpn_1540720794__medu_sp.jpeg

Sample

(Rhodia)

fpn_1540720798__medu.jpeg

(Tomoe River)

fpn_1540720287__tomoe.jpeg

fpn_1540720803__medu_clo.jpeg

Comparison

(Aventurine is already a tad too blue for my liking. Medusa is even bluer than it.)

fpn_1540031575__pandora_com.jpeg

Sponsored Content

#2 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,385 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 October 2018 - 18:08

Interesting.  Medusa looks like the flip version of (original) Sailor Jentle Grenade (which is dark red with green shading and sheen).

Think Medusa is a little blue leaning a green for my taste.  But thanks for the review.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Sponsored Content

|