The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Franklin Christoph 45L

franklin christoph 45l

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bbs

bbs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 October 2018 - 11:12

Hi, does anyone have one of these who could compare them in size to other pens they produce - specifically the 02, Marietta or Stabilis 65 please?

It doesn't seem to be included in the crucial (for me!) cap off comparison on their website.

Thanks!

Sponsored Content

#2 catbert

catbert

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 11:55

I make it about 121 mm uncapped (eyeballing a ruler), if that helps. My first Franklin-Christoph, so no others to compare.

#3 Driften

Driften

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 October 2018 - 16:48

My only other F-C is the Model 31 right now which is a much bigger pen. The 45L is still a pocket pen with a #5 nib so the section is thinner than the pens with #6 nibs. Of the pocket models I think the 45L is the longest model and works with a converter where the standard 45 XLV, the p66 and the p20 are not long enough to use a converter.

#4 NibsForScript

NibsForScript

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 October 2018 - 13:56

My Marietta measures from the nib tip to barrel end 126mm and the 45L at 118mm.  It is a #5 nib so the pen is thinner at the section than the Marietta. I measure 9.5mm at the thinest part of the section while the Marietta measures 10.25mm at the thinnest part of the section. The 45l is a 45 that is just long enough to have a converter. I find it very comfortable to write with but too long for my jean pockets. So I went back to my 45s for jean pocket carry. I find all the 45s to be very comfortable in hand. The section is longer than the Marietta. The diameter of the pen body is about the same as the Marietta. I hope this helps.                      

Attached Images

• Version 2.jpg

#5 bbs

bbs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 October 2018 - 14:20

Thanks so much, that is really useful! Will PM you!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: franklin, christoph, 45l

Sponsored Content

|