Geha 725 And It's Classy Clip

Bo Bo Olson

I've been showing a few pictures of the Geha 725 for a very long time, and swearing some day I'd be taking a photo of the clip, that adds so much class to my sleekest and perhaps classiest pen.

Of course, I didn't load my camera, nor did I try to get a great light source, nor hold the camera still.

I googled................finally....by accident actually. :rolleyes:

This pen cost $90 back when the P-75 cost $22 silver dollars. It was designed to kick MB's butt and I think it did so...in the long thin 2xx range...Didn't stand in any 146/9 shadow either.

Back when I was a 20 pen noobie, I did a balance test. All three winners were all different. A thick girthed, back weighted because of brass guts, standard sized ('52-54 only) MB 234 1/2 Deluxe semi-flex KOB. This thin medium-long semi-flex F Geha 725, and a light for silver standard semi-nail P-75. All three were perfect. The 400nn wasn't, even though it finished 4th. One can be a little OCD when one is new. ;)

There are problems, the cap can develop a micro-crack. I knew about that, mine came with out such. A week later it had it. It's so small one has to look real hard to find it. It is not a problem.

The inlaid nib can not be repaired........no inlaid nib can be as far as I know, not even Sheaffer's. (This pen came out @ the same time Sheaffer came out with the Imperial...so wouldn't call it copy cat. In it takes years to do the research for such a jump.)

....a fine fella out in California had a problem with his nib and a malformed section. He had a 735, with a neat two color? steel cap and a 745 with a rolled gold cap.

If I can find one of those two in other than F, I might well chase one.

Mine is fine.....................as was a couple others I talked into this pen....but sh#$%^ happens. Unfortunately.

For the longest time, the 725 was well over of my border E-50, at E100. Then during the South Africa world cup, when the English with money were there, or had lost their money betting England I got it for only E50 on English Ebay. :bunny01:

A week later I saw two go for E25 in Germany. :yikes: ...seem to be going in the mid E 60's unless one wants to pay a fortune for one......why I don't know but one could. There are people out there that are proving Barnum right....every day and don't even have to talk them into being foolish....just put up a sign, Buy Now Idiot..... :happyberet:

The picture of the nib is with permission of Penboard.de...they take a much better picture than I do.

The gold trim Is rolled gold. The classy flat cap and barrel ends, fancy clip, made fancy by only a couple of slightly curved lines, cap ring is rolled gold, which is a 100x better than gold plated.

I think the slightly curved lines of the clip do so much for the pen. I've seen straight lines on other pens....that did nothing to speak of.

WNJEM93.jpg

3IrbiNa.jpg

hZrR3oq.jpg

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bo Bo Olson

• Drone

• penwash

Top Posters In This Topic

Classy specimen, thanks for sharing it with us. But what is the pen in the middle doing there? It's not a 725... looks like a Geha 726 to me. But I'm no expert.

Here's a page with a partial tear-down of a 725. The page is in German but the Google Roboter-Übersetzer can fix that:

https://www.penexchange.de/forum_neu/viewtopic.php?t=19639

Edited by Drone

Appears you have a sharper eye than me...though it looks like mine...except the clip was never clear. ...stolen photos, will do that. By the time I wised up enough to take the photo along with a pen I buy on the Bay, it must have been after the fact.

Though the photo shows the gold disk end caps better than the picture you linked too. They are one of the things that really make that pen, IMO.

When I first started pushing Geha a decade ago, there was me...nothing on the net....and small amounts in three pen books...small amount only. I've not gotten any of the early '50's ones with the red enameled disk on the cap ring....another thing on my never ending list to buy.

I still push the if bought on German Ebay, the Geha school pen as best buy regular flex....E-12-19. Or the best buy semi-flex 790 E-40-60.

did just learn there is a 726...hurray. :thumbup:

I really need to go over to Ruediger's 'new' Geha site and so some studying. :blush:

There is also a similar body pen, that has a classic nib with a combed feed, that is on my list. I'm not much into spade nibs. I was disappointment in the similar pen with a spade nib that I trans-mailed, it was only regular flex. :(

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.