Diamine Guitar Inks - New German Exclusives

vojtahlad

Diamine released few more inks exclusively for the German market. The five lovely warm colours are inspired by guitars - see them on this Instagram picture. I like the idea and I like the colours. Some nice packaging for the complete set would be even better.

So far I know, the Fountainfeder e-shop is the only shop selling them right now. I expect this will change soon.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• vojtahlad

• jmccarty3

Not impressed, to be honest.

Seeking a Parker Duofold Centennial cap top medallion/cover/decal.
My Mosaic Black Centennial MK2 lost it (used to have silver color decal).

Preferably MK2. MK3 or MK1 is also OK as long as it fits.  
Preferably EU.

1. The smudges don't do it to convince me that the colors might look good coming out of a fountain pen.

2. What do they have to do with a guitar?

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

When I saw the header, my first thought was that the line would be named after famous guitar players (Hendrix, Clapton, etc). Or that it would be named after famous brands (Fender, Martin, and so on).

Some of the colors look interesting. But why just the German market?

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Don't hesitate to order from fountainfeder.eu if you see something you like. They are nice folks, and the shipping charges are very reasonable.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

They’re interesting, shading inks & a refreshing change from the saturated samey blues-with-sheen currently seen everywhere. I’ve swatched all 5 and they make an attractive inky attempt at simulating the ombre finish on their namesake guitars. I especially like Cherry & Tobacco. The Pelham is a tad generic.

Verba volant, scripta manent

• 2 weeks later...

When I saw the header, my first thought was that the line would be named after famous guitar players (Hendrix, Clapton, etc). Or that it would be named after famous brands (Fender, Martin, and so on).

+1

But why just the German market?

It's just the usual regional games, brands tend to play. :lol:

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Don't hesitate to order from fountainfeder.eu if you see something you like. They are nice folks, and the shipping charges are very reasonable.

+1

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Stefanie, who runs Fountainfeder, is indeed nice, and the shipping charges are reasonable. However, I must say I prefer to buy from UK-based suppliers, because I then get the 20% VAT component knocked off their list prices. Stefanie told me that by Germany's laws, a 19% VAT is applicable even for direct exports to Australia ordered online.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Here are several pictures (click to enlarge).

My impressions: Desert Burst and Tobacco Burst are fairly close medium browns, Tobacco is a bit more green. Cherry Sunburst is a replaceable reddish brown. Honey Burst is absolutely sweet (pun intended). Pelham Blue is a nice surprise - a wet medium-to-dark blue which shades well. All five inks are readable, I like the set.

diamine-guitar-inks-001.jpg diamine-guitar-inks-002.jpg diamine-guitar-inks-003.jpg diamine-guitar-inks-004.jpg diamine-guitar-inks-005.jpg diamine-guitar-inks-006.jpg diamine-guitar-inks-007.jpg diamine-guitar-inks-008.jpg diamine-guitar-inks-009.jpg diamine-guitar-inks-010.jpg

Thank you for the pics and artistic touch. ;) Might give Pelham Blue a shot.

Engineer :

@vojtahlad Thank you for such a great input, most appreciated!

Seeking a Parker Duofold Centennial cap top medallion/cover/decal.
My Mosaic Black Centennial MK2 lost it (used to have silver color decal).

Preferably MK2. MK3 or MK1 is also OK as long as it fits.  
Preferably EU.

• 1 month later...

Someone at Diamine seems to have a Gibson guitar fetish going for their special inks -

• November Rain: Guns and Roses (Slash famously a Les Paul player)
  • Skull and Roses: Grateful Dead (Garcia/ Les Paul Special)
  • Honey Burst/Tobacco Burst/Pelham Blue etc: Finishes applied to Les Paul and SG guitars

registryposter400.gif

Less is More - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe

Less is a Bore - Robert Venturi

It's a shame that German retailers must still charge VAT for online orders that are directly exported outside the EU.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

It's a shame that German retailers must still charge VAT for online orders that are directly exported outside the EU.

This is not true for sales from all German retailers to all non-EU customers. I just looked on the site of another German retailer, and when I logged into my account there, the prices shown changed from inclusive of VAT to exclusive of VAT. (I am in the US.)

This is not true for sales from all German retailers to all non-EU customers. I just looked on the site of another German retailer, and when I logged into my account there, the prices shown changed from inclusive of VAT to exclusive of VAT.

I'd love to know which retailer that is.

Fountainfeder.eu and Seitz-Kreuznach both charge the VAT regardless, even after I give an Australian delivery address for an order and pay with an Australian credit card.

I'd love to know which retailer that is.

Fountainfeder.eu and Seitz-Kreuznach both charge the VAT regardless, even after I give an Australian delivery address for an order and pay with an Australian credit card.

The dealer I referred to is Fritz Schimpf: https://www.fritz-schimpf.de/

I ordered a wonderful Montblanc 146 in Platinum with a Special Edition italic nib from them, and did not pay the VAT. Most of my EU vendors are Dutch, and I have never paid the VAT with any of them.