The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Diamine Guitar Inks - New German Exclusives

ink diamine

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 vojtahlad

vojtahlad

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 October 2018 - 12:40

Diamine released few more inks exclusively for the German market. The five lovely warm colours are inspired by guitars - see them on this Instagram picture. I like the idea and I like the colours. Some nice packaging for the complete set would be even better.

So far I know, the Fountainfeder e-shop is the only shop selling them right now. I expect this will change soon.

Sponsored Content

#2 aurore

aurore

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 14:05

Not impressed, to be honest.

#3 lapis

lapis

medium rare

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,287 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 October 2018 - 19:39

1. The smudges don't do it to convince me that the colors might look good coming out of a fountain pen.

2. What do they have to do with a guitar?

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

#4 vojtahlad

vojtahlad

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 October 2018 - 19:59

1. We shall see.

2. The three wooden colours are easy to relate to guitars. The other two are related too, actually: Cherry Sunburst, Pelham Blue.

#5 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,549 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 October 2018 - 20:40

When I saw the header, my first thought was that the line would be named after famous guitar players (Hendrix, Clapton, etc).  Or that it would be named after famous brands (Fender, Martin, and so on).  

Some of the colors look interesting.  But why just the German market?

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#6 jmccarty3

jmccarty3

There is no "c" in Sheaffer

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,275 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 October 2018 - 01:46

Don't hesitate to order from fountainfeder.eu if you see something you like. They are nice folks, and the shipping charges are very reasonable.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

#7 Fuzzy_Bear

Fuzzy_Bear

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 00:53

I love the cherry and blue.
The glory of the young is their strength; the gray hair of experience is the splendor of the old.

#8 migo984

migo984

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,714 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 15:28

They’re interesting, shading inks & a refreshing change from the saturated samey blues-with-sheen currently seen everywhere. I’ve swatched all 5 and they make an attractive inky attempt at simulating the ombre finish on their namesake guitars. I especially like Cherry & Tobacco. The Pelham is a tad generic.

Verba volant, scripta manent

#9 1nkulus

1nkulus

Thought2Papier via Ink2Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 November 2018 - 09:55

When I saw the header, my first thought was that the line would be named after famous guitar players (Hendrix, Clapton, etc).  Or that it would be named after famous brands (Fender, Martin, and so on). 

+1

But why just the German market?

It's just the usual regional games, brands tend to play.  :lol:

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

#10 1nkulus

1nkulus

• Member - Gold

• 2,121 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 November 2018 - 09:56

Don't hesitate to order from fountainfeder.eu if you see something you like. They are nice folks, and the shipping charges are very reasonable.

+1

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

#11 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• 2,600 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 November 2018 - 11:16

Stefanie, who runs Fountainfeder, is indeed nice, and the shipping charges are reasonable. However, I must say I prefer to buy from UK-based suppliers, because I then get the 20% VAT component knocked off their list prices. Stefanie told me that by Germany's laws, a 19% VAT is applicable even for direct exports to Australia ordered online.

Let's give each other due respect, and approach discussion rigorously. I believe we're all peers and equals here as fellow hobbyists, with common interests in the acquisition and use of fountain pens, but no shared values and no obligation to offer each other moral support for one's narrative.

Don't think 'cos I understand, I care
Don't think 'cos I'm talking', we're friends

'6 Underground' by Sneaker Pimps

#12 vojtahlad

vojtahlad

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 November 2018 - 21:32

Here are several pictures (click to enlarge).

My impressions: Desert Burst and Tobacco Burst are fairly close medium browns, Tobacco is a bit more green. Cherry Sunburst is a replaceable reddish brown. Honey Burst is absolutely sweet (pun intended). Pelham Blue is a nice surprise - a wet medium-to-dark blue which shades well. All five inks are readable, I like the set.

diamine-guitar-inks-001.jpg diamine-guitar-inks-002.jpg diamine-guitar-inks-003.jpg diamine-guitar-inks-004.jpg diamine-guitar-inks-005.jpg diamine-guitar-inks-006.jpg diamine-guitar-inks-007.jpg diamine-guitar-inks-008.jpg diamine-guitar-inks-009.jpg diamine-guitar-inks-010.jpg

#13 1nkulus

1nkulus

• Member - Gold

• 2,121 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 November 2018 - 21:54

Thank you for the pics and artistic touch.  ;)  Might give Pelham Blue a shot.

Engineer :

#14 aurore

aurore

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 22:37

@vojtahlad Thank you for such a great input, most appreciated!

#15 AidenMark

AidenMark

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:24

Someone at Diamine seems to have a Gibson guitar fetish going for their special inks - 

• November Rain: Guns and Roses (Slash famously a Les Paul player)
  • Skull and Roses: Grateful Dead (Garcia/ Les Paul Special)
  • Honey Burst/Tobacco Burst/Pelham Blue etc: Finishes applied to Les Paul and SG guitars

registryposter400.gif

Less is More   - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe

Less is a Bore - Robert Venturi

#16 uceroy

uceroy

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 January 2019 - 15:23

I ordered mine through https://www.seitz-kreuznach.de/
They have free shipping on orders over 15

Got the November rain, skulls and roses and honey burst 😊

Edited by uceroy, 03 January 2019 - 15:24.

#17 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• 2,600 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 January 2019 - 21:07

It's a shame that German retailers must still charge VAT for online orders that are directly exported outside the EU.

Let's give each other due respect, and approach discussion rigorously. I believe we're all peers and equals here as fellow hobbyists, with common interests in the acquisition and use of fountain pens, but no shared values and no obligation to offer each other moral support for one's narrative.

#18 jmccarty3

jmccarty3

• Member - Gold

• 4,275 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2019 - 20:33

It's a shame that German retailers must still charge VAT for online orders that are directly exported outside the EU.

This is not true for sales from all German retailers to all non-EU customers. I just looked on the site of another German retailer, and when I logged into my account there, the prices shown changed from inclusive of VAT to exclusive of VAT. (I am in the US.)

#19 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• 2,600 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2019 - 23:39

This is not true for sales from all German retailers to all non-EU customers. I just looked on the site of another German retailer, and when I logged into my account there, the prices shown changed from inclusive of VAT to exclusive of VAT.

I'd love to know which retailer that is.

Fountainfeder.eu and Seitz-Kreuznach both charge the VAT regardless, even after I give an Australian delivery address for an order and pay with an Australian credit card.

#20 jmccarty3

jmccarty3

• Member - Gold

• 4,275 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 January 2019 - 00:03

I'd love to know which retailer that is.

Fountainfeder.eu and Seitz-Kreuznach both charge the VAT regardless, even after I give an Australian delivery address for an order and pay with an Australian credit card.

The dealer I referred to is Fritz Schimpf: https://www.fritz-schimpf.de/

I ordered a wonderful Montblanc 146 in Platinum with a Special Edition italic nib from them, and did not pay the VAT. Most of my EU vendors are Dutch, and I have never paid the VAT with any of them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ink, diamine

Sponsored Content

|