The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Nib Grinds - Jazzorilla

nib nibwork nibgrind architect cursiveitalic oblique

3 replies to this topic

#1 Jaspreet

Jaspreet

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 October 2018 - 05:30

Hi

I am Jaspreet from India and I grind nibs. I usually post pics of my grinds on instagram ( handle - Jazzorilla). I am new to FPN and i will be posting pics of my grinds here for constructive criticism. 

Attaching some pics of a Broad Cursive italic grind on a Kanwrite nib which writes as a smooth B on reverse.

- Jaspreet

Attached Images

• 2.jpg
  • 4.jpg
  • 3.jpg

Edited by Jaspreet, 17 October 2018 - 07:11.

Sponsored Content

#2 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,571 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:37

Nice looking, and it's always nice to have two sides.

IMO double sided is something to look at, with the modern Pelikans (outside the 200).

Everyone says poor Mozart dead at only 36. None say poor Mendelson, dead at only 38. His family only allowed him to start at 20, but before, musicians use to come to the Mendelson garden to steal the music of Mendelson and his sister. A good artist also, can still buy prints of his famous Scottish drawings in Scotland.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany      Info on Bock nibs

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Pens/inks/paper on hold for a year....new addiction pocket watch chains. :happyberet:

#3 Jaspreet

Jaspreet

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 October 2018 - 12:47

I have a Pelikan m605 with a Broad nib. The back side wrote like a sharp italic. Eventually i ground it again to have a forgiving CI on one side and a sharp italic on the other side. 

Attached Images

• 5.jpg
  • 6.jpg

#4 Jaspreet

Jaspreet

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 November 2018 - 06:26

Two Architect grinds i did on Jowo #6 Broad nibs. 

Attached Images

• IMG_20181031_213721.jpg
  • IMG_20181031_222326.jpg

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nib, nibwork, nibgrind, architect, cursiveitalic, oblique

Sponsored Content

|