• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wallylynn

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• Runnin_Ute

Montblanc JFK.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

I think I would only decline to share inks which can't be obtained any more:

If I had any, Montblanc Jonathan Swift Seaweed Green

Organics Studio Walt Whitman Leaves of Grass Dark Green (I have one bottle)

Rohrer & Klingner Blau-Schwarz (I have maybe 1mL)

Montblanc Leo Tolstoy Sky Blue (I have maybe 2mL)

Given most FPN members are more or less on the other side of the planet, and even in Australia there are none of whom I am aware within 300 Km, and none I have ever met, the mere opportunity to give an ink away (including shipping cost of doing so) is very remote. For those reasons my answer to which one will I never give away must be all of whatever I have.

Desert island question skirted. ;)

X

Only one. I have a small amount of dried Paul Wirt Blue Black in a century old bottle found in a flea market. Maybe I am being greedy but Wirt pens were one of my two gateway drugs pens into this vintage pen obsession thing. When I get around to adding water to that bottle it becomes my preeeeeccccciiiooouuusssssssssss and it is going into one of those old overfeed pens.

My other inks? Too many people have been generous sharing samples (some of them quite rare) with me for me to say no to a request from one of them.

Dave Campbell
Retired Science Teacher and Active Pen Addict
Every day is a chance to reduce my level of ignorance.

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

A long time ago, a sample of Mont Blanc Racing Green ( :yikes: rare as Rocking Horse poo I know ! ) arrived, by surprise, in an envelope from Cyber6 :wub:

I was given a glimpse of this forum's ethos that day. There's no ink I own that I wouldn't give away to someone if I thought they would enjoy it.

I have some very rare inks; some are irreplaceable or extremely difficult to obtain now. I don’t think there are any that I haven’t at least given away small samples of, and often an entire bottle.

Obviously I would think hard & hesitate if it were super-rare, bespoke, and/or a top favourite of mine but like Tas, there isn’t any ink I own that I wouldn’t gift to someone, if I thought they’d enjoy it.

Verba volant, scripta manent

I have some very rare inks; some are irreplaceable or extremely difficult to obtain now. I don’t think there are any that I haven’t at least given away small samples of, and often an entire bottle.

Obviously I would think hard & hesitate if it were super-rare, bespoke, and/or a top favourite of mine but like Tas, there isn’t any ink I own that I wouldn’t gift to someone, if I thought they’d enjoy it.

:) :wub: :) :wub: :) :wub:

Pelikan 4001 BB. As long as I am using vintage Pelikans (predominantly) that ink will be the one for me. There are plenty of others that I could add to the list but that is the only one that I really, really, really could not go without.

Sailor Yonaga
Kobe Nagasawa Kitanozaka

Seeking a Parker Duofold Centennial cap top medallion/cover/decal.
My Mosaic Black Centennial MK2 lost it (used to have silver color decal).

Preferably MK2. MK3 or MK1 is also OK as long as it fits.  
Preferably EU.

i wouldn't give away most of my inks.. kon peki, ku jaku, amo iro, asa gao, bleu nuit, midnight emerald ... all keepers. I did have a yearning for violets for a brief while... once I got two bottles and wasn't really keen on either that yearning came to an end.. altho not sure i would give those away either now that i think about it...

There would be very few, if any that I would not at least share a sample of if I could without seriously depleting what I have left.

Others have been generous with me, why wouldn't I do likewise if possible?

And it has happened with no longer available inks, such as Parker Penman Mocha or Lamy Dark Lilac that came my way.

Edited by Runnin_Ute

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Give away as in part with my bottle(s) completely? That'd be most of my inks.

Give away as in offering a sample and asking/expecting nothing in return? It depends on who is asking and how, but I cannot think of an ink I have right now that I would 'share' with no-one else. Every ink I have, I bought new/unopened in their retail bottles as packaged by their manufacturers, so there's no issue of having a split a 2ml sample. I mean, if one of my close friends got into fountain pens, and wanted to try a particular ink I happen to have, would I not offer a sample vial of it, and/or let him/her fill a pen from my bottle if that is practicable? Of course I would.

@Chouffleur, is your question intended to be limited to just "PIFs and ink sample trade offers on display here" on FPN, not on any other forum, and not any other form of sharing or giving away, but strictly limited to interactions between registered forum members who aren't otherwise friends or acquaintances that have private dealings away from the forum?

Edited by A Smug Dill

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

My bottle of Parker Penman Sapphire, meticulously extracted from 100 or so cartridges and reconstituted to its original concentration. I did give away a 2mL sample bottle of it to a pen pal though.

What little I have left of my Private Reserve DC Supershow Blue. I find the ink too strong/thick for direct use, but it's an ingredient in several of my ink recipes.

Stefan Vorkoetter

Visit my collection of fountain pen articles at StefanV.com.

A pen from my collection:

spacer.png

I plan to keep forever (barring an accident) my Visconti blue in the old glass bottle. I got it from Australia a few years ago, and it was worth the international postage. I will be refilling it soon with more Visconti blue - ironically, though I love the bottle, I prefer the Iroshizuku inks, but my husband loves it!

Well, since I think I've actually given away a few samples of it, I guess I can't say vintage Skrip Peacock. :rolleyes:

But I would say that I would never want to be without De Atramentis Red Roses (the only scented ink of theirs I've tried where the scent wasn't a disappointment. Plus, depending on the pen and paper, it ranges from being a pinkish red to red violet.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Probably the 4 ½ bottles of Penman Ebony that I convince myself that I shall get around to using. I really ought to sell them.

Who ever knew Truth put to the worse in a free and open encounter? Her confuting is the best and surest suppressing.