Lamy Safari 2019 Limited Editions

rodja

Recent leaks suggest that there will be 3 Limited edition Safaris in 2019 with pastel colors.

post-125510-0-79586100-1539455420_thumb.jpg

I am happy that they are trying something new.

It's a different route from the flashy neon colors or the recent matte/textured safaris (lilac, petrol, all-black).

Edited by rodja

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Astronymus

• 1nkulus

• mehandiratta

Hmmmm.

The pink and the green ones are right out. The blue? Looks like a washed out version of the Pacifica Blue al-Star LE. Which I passed on in favor of a more expensive TWSBI-580 AL when I went to look at the al-Star. Not sure who's running Lamy's marketing department.... :( These are awfully "girly" looking colors. And while I joke about having "'girly' hands" I am so NOT a "girly girl"....

But I didn't really care for this year's "Vibrant Pink" al-Star LE either when I saw it. And I didn't really like the pink Safari from a few years ago when I saw *that*.... (OTOH, when the Dark Lilac Safari LE came out I was like "Where do I GO? And who do I have to cut in line ahead of?"

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Maybe the green one. Maybe not.

Edited by pajaro

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Pretty. Luckily I don't collect Safaris. But an interesting new approach. Especially the rings. I wonder if the fake screw heads are also in that color.

Oh my God Lamy Safari is never ending pen..Lamy is making a Pantone pen line.. :( :angry: :wallbash:

I wish. There are WAY better Pantone colors than these....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I wonder how these leaked so early?

I also noticed the coloured rings and I esp love the blue ring, as it is a slightly different shade than the pen!

I find Safaris (Al-Stars/ Vistas) pretty fugly and they are totally a school pen to me (not to be used outside the home), but stuff like this is what makes me buy them. I totally love the blue & green. Unsure about the pink, because it's too beige/ flesh-coloured/ "nude", not a hue I'm particularly fond of. I'd have to see that one in person or better pics of it.

UGH! Awful colors! These are soooooo anemic! No thank you!

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

After 6 months Lamy will release the same Safari's but with matching colored clip. :lticaptd:

Oh my God Lamy Safari is never ending pen..Lamy is making a Pantone pen line.. :( :angry: :wallbash:

"Storyteller, unfold thy words untold!"

Well, as someone who has 4 Safaris (Apple Green, White, Dark Lilac, Petrol), doesn’t collect them, doesn’t like pastels and who would never be described as a “girly girl”, I am surprised that I really like them. Why? I’m not sure, except that I’ve never owned or seen a “pastel” coloured pen, so I think I like the fact that they’re so unusual. (And based on the posts so far, they’re unpopular and likely to remain unusual.) I would pair them with bold, clashing, “in your face” inks, just for fun.