The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

FPN appearing slow

Dearest Member or Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to a continuing DDoS attack, FPN could be moving only slowly. Hosting Support is dealing with this. The earlier reported hardware issue has been fixed. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Warm regards, the FPN Moderator & Admin Team

Photo

Pen Rambling - Aurora Archivi Storici 012

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tas

Tas

Graphophile . . .

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:40

fpn_pen_rambling_aurora_archivi_storici_

Thank you milkb0at for introducing me to this beauty, for taking the Lamy pencil off my hands to release my cash flow and for your gentle encouragement in my moments of doubt.

** UPDATE - Pen now puts down a much wetter line. I was brave. I removed the nib and gently made some room between the tines. Ooo yeah :wub:

Edited by Tas, 12 October 2018 - 13:26.

Sponsored Content

#2 bbs

bbs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:52

What a lovely review! So happy that you and your lovely pen found each other - true love!

#3 milkb0at

milkb0at

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 October 2018 - 09:29

Fantastic. I'm so happy you love the pen. I'd never actively encourage anyone to spend lots of money, but I am glad you were able to try mine and super happy that you found one to buy. I only had the pen with me because it was a nice memory of buying it from Kirit at the Aurora stand at last year's Pen Show. What luck I had it.

I agree that the Lamy 2000 comparison is an easy one to make, with similar material and feel. However, I have both and I find myself thinking of them as completely different. I see the Aurora more like my P51 (and I think historically the Aurora was their answer to the Parker, so I suppose it makes sense), but I prefer the Aurora to the P51. The Parker is very dull - the ballpoint of fountain pens - whereas the Aurora has character. Perhaps the Aurora would be the result if the L2K and the P51 had a baby.

The Lamy Scribble is excellent, by the way, and I'm using it daily in my sketch book.

Edited by milkb0at, 13 October 2018 - 09:38.

#4 Tas

Tas

Graphophile . . .

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 October 2018 - 10:28

Perhaps the Aurora would be the result if the L2K and the P51 had a baby.

YES !

Glad the Scribble is being used. Your face dropped about an inch when the lady said it was the last one. It was burning a hole in my pocket and concience. It's gone to the better home.

#5 LizEF

LizEF

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 October 2018 - 13:23

:)  Another enjoyable read.  Thanks, Tas.

Sponsored Content

|